P4C800E-Deluxe: Setting up IDE (non-Raid) on Raid Ultra133 connector??

Tony S

I'm trying to add a new 250GB ATA133 drive on the "Raid Ultra133 Connector",
as the manual describes it and use it with my already-existing other two
drives, NOT in a RAID configuration though. I basically want just another
hard drive on the system.

Ok, I've got my new 250GB drive on the "Raid Ultra133" connector (#12 on the
manual's diagram) and set to master. I'm using the cable supplied with the
drive. I've enabled the Promise controller in the BIOS and set it to IDE. I
have also the "Onboard IDE Operation Mode" set to Enhanced Mode, P-ATA, No
(for configure S-ATA as Raid).

When booting up I don't get the <Control><F> option. I installed the
latest Promise driver off Asus's site and Windows states it cannot start the
driver. I can't see the new drive anywhere.

One wierd thing though is now I have a "new" Primary and Secondary IDE slots
and my existing drives are all moved down one. Ie: my boot drive on IDE-1
port is now drive 2, etc...

Any help appreciated.

LeeBos

Subject: P4C800E-Deluxe: Setting up IDE (non-Raid) on Raid Ultra133
connector??
From: "Tony S" (e-mail address removed)
Date: 4/10/2004 4:50 PM Eastern Standard Time

[...]

Go into Control Panel, Administrative Tools, Computer Management, Disk
Managemt. Look for the new drive and partition and format it. Then windows will
see it.

Tony S

Thanks, LeeBos, but tried that already. I literally just got back up and
running after reinstalling WinXP. What the problem was was I had to set the
config to RAID and -NOT- IDE. I don't know the difference AFA the mobo is
concerned but the drive's seen now and works in Windows. Thanks again.