Outlook Outlook VBA, 2nd Mailbox & Events

Reaction score
Hello,

I am familiar with VBA in Excel but I am very new with VBA in Outlook. As a result, I have been stumbling over myself trying to figure out how everything works. What I am trying to accomplish is for a category to be marked on a mail message once that message has been marked complete. I have [semi-] working code for accomplishing this within my personal mailbox but I need it to work in a second mailbox (within the same profile) exclusively.

I am running into several issues with the code below:

1) As far as I can tell so far, there is no way to disable events in Outlook VBA and this results in this code running more than once--any tips would be appreciated.

2) Maybe I am overlooking something obvious but I think that when something is marked complete, Item.FlagIcon should equal olFlagComplete, which is 1. However, in my testing, when I mark a message complete it shows that Item.FlagIcon = 0 and I really can't imagine why.

3) I'm probably missing a key search term that would allow me to find this one myself but I can't figure out how to get this to run in the second mailbox that I mentioned, only in my own personal mailbox (I have tried using the email address for that mailbox where I currently have "my email address" in this code). Once again, any input would be appreciated!

Code:
Option Explicit
Public WithEvents OlItems As Outlook.Items

Public Sub Initialize_handler()

Set OlItems = Application.GetNamespace("MAPI").GetDefaultFolder(olFolderInbox).Items

End Sub

Sub OlItems_ItemChange(ByVal Item As Object)

Dim myNS As Outlook.NameSpace

Set myNS = GetNamespace("MAPI")

If myNS.GetDefaultFolder(olFolderInbox).Parent = "My email address" Then
    If Item.FlagIcon = 0 Then
            With Item
                .Categories = ""
                .Categories = "Some Category"
                .Save
            End With
    End If
End If
End Sub