Outlook Outlook Express - wireless connection

Reaction score
Hello.

I’m using wireless connection in my home network and I want to use for my mail OUTLOOK EXPRESS application. I know how to set up account and settings, but I’ve got error when I click on send/receive button.

“Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible causes for this include server problems, network problems, or a long period of inactivity. Account: ‘pop3.wp.pl’ Server ‘smtp wp.pl. Protocol SMTP, port 25. Secure (SSL): No, Socket

Error: 10053. Error Number: 0x800CCC0F”

How to solve that issue? For any suggestions I’ll be grateful. Thanks

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
Who is your ISP?

What OS?

Winsock error 10053 used to be usually related to network problems, not software. This is no longer the case thanks to anti-virus software that arguably tries to be smarter than it should be. MaCrapee & Norton spring to mind.

10053 is a winsock error

The error happens when the local network system aborts a connection, which might happen if the remote host didn't acknowledge data even after retries.

First see if you have virus scanning software that may be blocking outgoing tcp/ip packets. If you do, make sure that your application is set as a "trusted" application or turn your scanner off, remove it from your machine, drop the CD on the ground and stomp on it several times (if you choose the latter option, proceed with caution. I take no blame for any consequences).

If AV software is not the problem, here are a few things to try:

Ping something on your local network. Do you get a response?

Ping the remote host. Does it respond? If not, problem solved. You can try a traceroute to see if the problem is at the target remote host or somewhere in between.

Is there a firewall between your appliation and the remote host? If so, and the connection has been open for a long period of time with no data transfer, its possible that the firewall has timed out the connection and closed the sockets.

It could be a simple ... the ISP is down and they ain't telling you ... this error could be due to a temporary problem with the ISP's email server. Until they fix it, no email comes in.;)

Ask a Question