outlook express will recieve but not send

monkey

error message I get

The connection to the server has failed. Subject 'no', Account: 'Laurie's
Mail', Server: 'SMTP.ATT.YAHOO.COM', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL):
Yes, Socket Error: 10060, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E
This started yesterday when I tried replying to an email message I'd
recieved. I looked at all of the remedies I've seen in the help in outlook
express and in this forum and nothing is working.
Alot of people seem to be having this issue over the last couple of days.
It seems weird.
I'm with ATT and outlook express 6
thank you

mac

monkey said:
error message I get

The connection to the server has failed. Subject 'no', Account: 'Laurie's
Mail', Server: 'SMTP.ATT.YAHOO.COM', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25,
Secure(SSL):
Yes, Socket Error: 10060, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E
This started yesterday when I tried replying to an email message I'd
recieved. I looked at all of the remedies I've seen in the help in
outlook
express and in this forum and nothing is working.
Alot of people seem to be having this issue over the last couple of days.
It seems weird.
I'm with ATT and outlook express 6
thank you

This newsgroup is for Windows Mail in Vista.

You should use an OE newsgroup in future.

Go to tools menu>accounts>select your att account>Properties>Advanced Tab
Make the following changes:

1. Change the SMTP port to 465 and check the option labeled Use an encrypted
connection (SSL).

2. Change the POP3 port to 995 and check the option labeled Use an encrypted
connection (SSL).

Then Apply>OK.

On the Servers tab ensure that you Enabled the "My server requires
authentication" option.

Then Apply>OK.

Remove any unsent mail from the Outbox and try to send another one.

Post any new error message that you get.

Gary VanderMolen \(MVP\)

AT&T has been telling its users to switch away from port 25 for the
past three years already. I'm surprised you didn't get the word.

Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)

"monkey" wrote in message
error message I get

The connection to the server has failed. Subject 'no', Account: 'Laurie's
Mail', Server: 'SMTP.ATT.YAHOO.COM', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL):
Yes, Socket Error: 10060, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E
This started yesterday when I tried replying to an email message I'd
recieved. I looked at all of the remedies I've seen in the help in outlook
express and in this forum and nothing is working.
Alot of people seem to be having this issue over the last couple of days.
It seems weird.
I'm with ATT and outlook express 6
thank you

monkey