Outlook Connector for IBM Lotus Domino

Reaction score
Hello: I had the same issue. After reading this thread, I started to uninstall the Office 2003 updates (fixes) one by one and uninstalling/reinstalling olconn2, until things worked. Then I went to Microsoft Update and reinstalled all the updates, and things still work. I did not have the KB fix numbers referred to here, but I think those fixes change numbering every so often, depending on the dates of the update. So my suggestion is to do what I describe here as it should work. What I gather from this is that there seems to be some incompatibility between olconn2 and some Microsoft updates, but that you should be OK if you get olconn2 to work before installing such updates.

Reaction score
orinoco said:
Hello: I had the same issue. After reading this thread, I started to uninstall the Office 2003 updates (fixes) one by one and uninstalling/reinstalling olconn2, until things worked. Then I went to Microsoft Update and reinstalled all the updates, and things still work. I did not have the KB fix numbers referred to here, but I think those fixes change numbering every so often, depending on the dates of the update. So my suggestion is to do what I describe here as it should work. What I gather from this is that there seems to be some incompatibility between olconn2 and some Microsoft updates, but that you should be OK if you get olconn2 to work before installing such updates.
I took the same approach as orinoco and found that after uninstalling the following Outlook related updates I was able to get the connector working ok:

KB916518
KB920907
KB913807
KB921566
KB913807

I haven't tried reinstalling these yet but if I run into any problems when I do I will post again. Please also note that I didn't have to uninstall Office SP2 (not that I would've been able to anyway!).

Thanks also for all the previous advice on this thread!!

Reaction score
I was able to get this to finally work. I uninstalled the connector after uninstalling any security patch related to Outlook 2003 and then reinstalled the connector again and voila!

Thank you orinoco and RichardR for your responses - as well as all the previous responses in this thread.

Reaction score
solution

Hello.
I found how to fix this bug : you have to add an entry in the registry.
The entry to add is :
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\11.0\Outlook\Options\General]
"UnknownRowsSortOrder"=dword:00000001

I saw this on a microsoft site :
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/917326/fr

Good luck !

Reaction score
Hello All!

I have looked through and tried all of the revelvent steps ( to the “t”) on this thread and still get the message…

“Outllook can’t be started because one of the default folders can’t be found in your server mailbox. Contact your server administrator.”

I have added registry entires, variables, and defaulted and recreated profiles to no avail. : (

Does anyone have any suggestions that haven’t been mentioned….I am desperate as I am running out of room on my Lotus account and 9/10’s of my work email on Outlook. As you can imagine I have become quite dependent on this little piece of software. If I didn’t have to rebuild my laptop the connector would still be working…

Thanks in Advance!

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I had the same problems this Outlook Connector, and after trying different solutions below I did something like this:

• having installed MS Office SP2
  • uninstall all critical updates for MS Office (leave SP2 in place)
  • uninstall olconn2
  • restart computer
  • install olconn2
  • go to Contrail Panel->Mail
  • remove from E-Mail accounts, Outlook connector for Domino, click Finish
  • go to show profile
  • remove all profiles
  • restart computer
  • go to Contrail Panel->Mail
  • go to show profile
  • Add new profile (for example - lotus)
  • follow up all the instructions
  • open Outlook and pray :)))
  • If you don’t pray well :))), reinstall olconn2, and repeat 8-15 (step 10 is up to you)
  • Finally it will start to work

I did it on two computers which had this problem, and repeat steps 8-15 at second one just twice.

I wish you all the best…

Ask a Question