Outlook Outlook Appcrash

Reaction score
Hi, MSOutlook (OfficePro 2007) only stays open for 30sec once its booted and it would appear to crash once it starts to send pending emails.
I've tried:
1. Uninstall/reinstall MSOffice (twice).
2. Registry fix with Uniblue (twice).
3. Run scanpst (twice).
4. Run in as stand alone as possible to avoid contention issues.
Any useful assistance appreciated.​
O/s Vista Home Premium (32bit).
Abterm msg:
Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: OUTLOOK.EXE
Application Version: 12.0.4518.1014
Application Timestamp: 4542840f
Fault Module Name: OUTLFLTR.DLL
Fault Module Version: 12.0.4326.0
Fault Module Timestamp: 44c81343
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 0004acff
OS Version: 6.0.6000.2.0.0.768.3
Locale ID: 7177

Additional information about the problem:
LCID: 1033
Brand: Office12Crash
skulcid: 1033

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
If you run Outlook in Safe Mode, does it work ok? It could be one of the add-ins causing a problem (and this would allow you to narrow it down):

You can open any Office or Office family program in Office Safe Mode by pressing CTRL while you start the program or by using the /safe option when you start the program from the command line.

Reaction score
If you run Outlook in Safe Mode, does it work ok? It could be one of the add-ins causing a problem (and this would allow you to narrow it down):
I disconected the connectivity and open in Safe Mode which lasted longer than 30sec. However, once connection reinstated and it started to receive emails it crashed again. I have in the interim tried to restore laptop to previous backup using System Restore facility and noticed that the previous auto backup was done just before an auto update of Windows from MS.

Reaction score
I did a clean boot and disabled everything except MS stuff. After reboot Outlook still crashes as soon as it invokes the receiving email process.

Reaction score
In the interim, I've archived emails to created more space (just in case) and deleted a bunch of recurring incoming mails (jic); checked that ISP server is ok to ensure we're looking at a local issue. Mails are still being forwarded to my blackberry. Outlook still crashing once I connect to send/receive mails.

Ask a Question