Outlook and Hotmail

Wolfgang Brehm

I want to use Outlook 2002 and Hotmail. In order to do so
I added a Hotmail account in Outlook. Then I actually end
up with two accounts: Hotmail and Personal folder. When I
now use an application which wants to send a mail it uses
the Personal folder in oder to send the mail which does
not work. How can I tell Outlook to use the Hotmail
account in order to send mail. I am a little bit
confused about this two accounts. It even lists the mail
in send items but it does not send the mail.

Diane Poremsky [MVP]

because hotmail is a server storage account, you have a local store and your
normal mailbox. You don't actually have two accounts, unless you also have a
pop account...

if the program is designed properly, it should correctly send on the hotmail
account. Do you have outlook opened when you use the application?

Wolfgang Brehm

yes I do have Outlook open, and when the app sends the
mail it correctly opens a new message window. But when I
press the send button Outlook moves the mail into sent
items folder but does not acutally send the mail to the
HotMail account. The HotMail account works porperly when
I use it within Outlook. The problem only happens when an
app sends a mail.

dianenews

Does the application put the mail in the outbox and outlook moves it without sending it? nntp://msnews.microsoft.com/microsoft.public.outlook.interop/<[email protected]> yes I do have Outlook open, and when the app sends the mail it correctly opens a new message window. But when I press the send button Outlook moves the mail into sent items folder but does not acutally send the mail to the HotMail account. The HotMail account works porperly when I use it within Outlook. The problem only happens when an app sends a mail. >-----Original Message----- >because hotmail is a server storage account, you have a local store and your >normal mailbox. You don't actually have two accounts, unless you also have a >pop account... > >if the program is designed properly, it should correctly send on the hotmail >account. Do you have outlook opened when you use the application? > > >"Wolfgang Brehm" <[email protected]> wrote in message >news:[email protected]... >>I want to use Outlook 2002 and Hotmail. In order to do so >> I added a Hotmail account in Outlook. Then I actually end >> up with two accounts: Hotmail and Personal folder. When I >> now use an application which wants to send a mail it uses >> the Personal folder in oder to send the mail which does >> not work. How can I tell Outlook to use the Hotmail >> account in order to send mail. I am a little bit >> confused about this two accounts. It even lists the mail >> in send items but it does not send the mail. > > >. > [microsoft.public.outlook.interop]