Outlook Addin error: stdole.dll

Reaction score
Hello!

I'm working on a shared Addin for Outlook XP (2002), 2003 and 2007 (C# / .net, VS2008), using .net V2.0.

In most cases it works correctly on Outlook XP, 2003 and 2007. However, one of our customers experienced the following (with Outlook 2003): on 2 of 4 machines, the Addin start screen shows after Outlook start, but generating the buttons in the outlook toolbar fails, leaving the following message in the log file "System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Die Datei oder Assembly stdole, Version=7.0.3300.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a oder eine Abhängigkeit davon wurde nicht gefunden. Das System kann die angegebene Datei nicht finden. Dateiname: stdole, Version=7.0.3300.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a".

The latest service Packs are installed for both Office and Win XP, also shared add-in extensibility update for .net. I can not reproduce it on my virtual machine.
Microsoft.Office.Interop.Outlook.dll points to c:\program files\microsoft visual studio 9.0\visual studio tools for office\pia\office11\Microsoft.Office.Interop.Outlook.dll
office.dll points to c:\program files\microsoft visual studio 9.0\visual studio tools for office\pia\office11\office.dll

Can please anybody help me with this?
Could this have something to do with the PIA installed?
With the order of installing first .NET runtime and then Office, or the other way round?

Thanks in advance!
SG

Last edited:

Ask a Question