Outlook Add-in does not start in non-cached mode

Reaction score
I have created an Outlook Add-in using VSTO SE and VB.Net. It seems to deploy okay, except that I have a few users that the add-in does not work for since they have their settings to not run in Exchange Cached Mode.

I have created a log file and I can see that my startup event does not get fired for the users the add-in does not work for.

The registry settings are correct. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Steve

Reaction score
Okay, I have come closer to solving my issue. I forgot to mention that I have FormRegions that I apply to certain e-mails. These e-mails I have changed the class on. I even took a look at this post to fix my issue: http://blogs.msdn.com/rgregg/archiv...g-form-regions-from-managed-code-add-ins.aspx. In the preview panes I display some extra information.

It appears to me that Outlook loads add-ins first in cached mode, and e-mails first in non-cached mode. If I take the formregion previewpane information out of the registry, everything loads like I expect it to minus my special form control.

Does anyone know of this behavior, is there some fix I am missing, or am I just going to have to do away with my special form in non-cached mode?

Ask a Question