Gerry Heatherington

When printing from Outlook 2007, it always prints in the "Memo" style. This
means everything only prints on the bottom half of the page & therefore takes
twice as much paper per print job. How can I make 2007 print on the entire
page?

G

Gordon

Gerry Heatherington said:
When printing from Outlook 2007, it always prints in the "Memo" style.
This
means everything only prints on the bottom half of the page & therefore
takes
twice as much paper per print job. How can I make 2007 print on the entire
page?

Try this:
Open the message. Go to other Actions, open in Browser and print from that.
(Only works for HTML and RTF messages AFAIK)...

R

Rojo Habe

Mine uses the whole page. Sounds like something's wrong with your page
setup.

If you go File > Page Setup > Define Print Styles, what happens if you
select Memo Style and click Reset?

B

bennybear

I have a related problem. All of a sudden the text in the body of my
printed emails from Outlook 2007 has moved up and to the right, so it
overlaps the address and title infomation, and runs off the right hand
side of the printed document. Also the body text is much smaller than
it was. This is only true of printed emails, and the display of emails
on screen is fine.

However, it appears like this in the Print Preview as well. I have
looked into editing the Memo print style in Page Setup but there is no
facility to edit the body text separately, and reset does nothing.

Nobody has been using my computer and I tend not to edit this sort of
stuff myself. I have been through the Help files and it always says
that editing Memo style will help, when it simply doesn't have the
capacity. There appears to be no further support around this, and I
haven't seen this issue on any of the forums.

Any help here would be much appreciated.

Reaction score
Regarding the following post that I have pasted below:

---
"I have a related problem. All of a sudden the text in the body of my
on screen is fine.

However, it appears like this in the Print Preview as well. I have
looked into editing the Memo print style in Page Setup but there is no
facility to edit the body text separately, and reset does nothing.

Nobody has been using my computer and I tend not to edit this sort of
stuff myself. I have been through the Help files and it always says
that editing Memo style will help, when it simply doesn't have the
capacity. There appears to be no further support around this, and I
haven't seen this issue on any of the forums.

Any help here would be much appreciated."
----

I too have a similar problem and the post above is the closest thing I've found to a mention of it. Please help!

I have a user with partial blindness who needs for type to be larger on everything, so we have customized many of her settings. Her computer had a virus, and after removing the virus some of her settings had changed. Specifically, the body text of printed e-mail messages is now too small. I know how to make it look larger on screen, but that is now what we need. I also know how to use the Page Setup window to enlarge the printed size of the text in the fields at the top of the message, such as the user's name and "From", "Sent" "To" and "Subject". In the Page Setup window, the Memo Style has a field on the left side that is titled "options", but sadly that field is blank in both Outlook 2003 and Outlook 2007. IS THERE ANY WAY TO ADJUST THE SIZE OF THE MESSAGE BODY TEXT IN PRINTOUTS? We are running Windows XP. We're NOT using Outlook Express and we are NOT using Word as the e-mail editor. We are using only plain text for all messages. These are the best settings for the other options that we need. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Last edited:
Reaction score
I have similar problem to Bunny Bear ? body text is all to right , and starts over subject line , thus obliterating . Presume not connected to type of printer but for record it is a laserjet 4 . Apart from copy /paste and similar solutions , any other ideas ?

Reaction score
Possible Solution

Regarding the following post :

---
"I have a related problem. All of a sudden the text in the body of my
on screen is fine.
---

I had this problem as well and I think I have found the solution - What I did was edit the "Memo" Style so that the page size was "half" - i.e. it prints two pages on 1 page - I printed something - then I set the page size back to normal "A4" so it prints one page on 1 page and the problem seemed to be solved.

Hope that helps others

Reaction score
Andrew - I have the same problem but your solution does not work for me. Anybody have any other ideas please???

Reaction score
Same problem as Bennybear!

So far no solution, or reason.

All I can tell you is 2 of our computers at work with Outlook 2007 have the problem, but not 10+ others.

On this basis it doesn't seem to be printer related, or caused by a MS update.

Editing, or resetting the Memo Style settings doesn't work for me either!

Very annoying; this is the only post which i've found that describes the exact problem.

Come on someone, please post a solution!!!!

Last edited:
Reaction score
I have seen the same problem posted in some other technical forums but no solutions !!!

Reaction score
Outlook Printing Problem - Solution

I have eventually worked out the cause of the Outlook printing problem, as described by bennybear.

I initially dismissed the Printer driver and tried all sorts of 'fixes' relating to Outlook and Office, resetting registry values etc. None made any difference.

Out of desperation I changed my default printer (to any other installed printer - I used the 'Microsoft XPS document writer'). I restarted Outlook, and when I print previewed an email the message was displayed & printed as it should be.

I then changed the default printer back to my original printer, the problem was returned!

I then uninstalled the printer driver, restarted windows, re-installed the printer driver; now everything works again as normal!

Note: I wasn't experiencing any problems printing using any other applications - including all MS Office programs, just Outlook!! Hence, I never originally suspected the printer driver.

Again, I don't know what specifically caused the problem in the first place but atleast it is fixed.

Hope the same solution works for everyone else!

Reaction score
I'm off my home work base at present but installed another printer (an HP) as default. When I printed emails to this printer they previewed and printed correctly. So I think you are correct, Artagel, it is a problem with the printer driver. I normally use a Lexmark as my default printer. Was it a Lexmark that you had a problem with?

Many thanks for your help and for finding the solution

Reaction score
Outlook Printing Problem - Solution

In answer to MSTV:

I don't imagine the make of printer is an issue, but ours is a Canon.

I say this because although we had a number of people all using Office 2007, using the same networked printer, this issue only happened on 2 computers. Even then, only Outlook suffered this quirky printing problem!

The problem was eliminated when I re-installed the printer driver, I didn't update it at all, simply re-installed the original driver from the network share.

I'm guessing something else, maybe MS update, had altered a file which the driver uses and by re-installing i've changed it back to original? Only a guess, I've certainly no evidence of this! If it happens again i'll try to compare the printer driver files used with & without the problem.

Reaction score
Your guess of an MS update corruption could well be right. Anyway re-installing the printer driver works for you and it does for me also. So problem resolved as far as I am concerned.

Many thanks your help

Reaction score
My Solution

I was able to resolve this problem without re-installing the printer driver.

It seems that Outlook 2007 is taking the paper orientation for the body of the message from windows defaults and not from Outlook page setup.

I changed the orientation in "Printing preferences" on the printer in windows from Landscape to Portrait and problem solved.

Kodan

Ask a Question