Outlook 2007 crashes on every other "send"

• Thread starter Kevin Weilbacher [SBS-MVP]
  • Start date
K

Kevin Weilbacher [SBS-MVP]

I have 2007 beta on an SP Pro SP2 workstationm, and Outlook consistently crashes on every other email that I want to send out. It actually crashes when I click on the 'new' or 'reply' button -- and it only does it every other time. So, if I start up Outlook, and click new or reply it crashes. After Outlook restarts, I can click on new or reply and then compse and send my email. The very next time I click on new or reply, it crashes again.

This happened initially when I installed the beta right over my existing 2003 Office. And it has also occurred since uninstalling both 2003 and 2007, and then running the Office "cleaner" utility to remove any trace of prior versions of Office. I then reinstalled.

I have also deleted my Outlook profile and rebuilt it. I have also installed the beta both from the CDROM I ordered from Microsoft as well as the downloadable version.

Any ideas?

S

Sue Mosher [MVP-Outlook]

Try removing all add-ins from Tools | Trust Center | Add-ins.

--
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP
Author of Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003

and Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for
Administrators, Power Users, and Developers

I have 2007 beta on an SP Pro SP2 workstationm, and Outlook consistently crashes on every other email that I want to send out. It actually crashes when I click on the 'new' or 'reply' button -- and it only does it every other time. So, if I start up Outlook, and click new or reply it crashes. After Outlook restarts, I can click on new or reply and then compse and send my email. The very next time I click on new or reply, it crashes again.

This happened initially when I installed the beta right over my existing 2003 Office. And it has also occurred since uninstalling both 2003 and 2007, and then running the Office "cleaner" utility to remove any trace of prior versions of Office. I then reinstalled.

I have also deleted my Outlook profile and rebuilt it. I have also installed the beta both from the CDROM I ordered from Microsoft as well as the downloadable version.

Any ideas?

P

Patrick Schmid

Sounds like you have Adobe Acrobat Pro 6/7 (not the reader) installed.
Go into Control Panel, Add/Remove Programs, click change for Acrobat Pro
and remove the Outlook & Office add-ins of it.
They don't work anyhow and just crash your Outlook all the time.

Patrick Schmid

Ask a Question