Outlook Outlook 2003: can't open wps document

Reaction score
O/S: XP
AV: Zone Alarm
Email: Outlook 2003, SP 3
CorelWordPerfect x3
I didn't include all other info, since I don't think it's relevent to ability to resolve this issue.
I'm sure I found solution to this once before - and as I recall, the problem is caused by sender creating document with a different version of (Corel WordPerfect) software than the version I use.
The document I'm unable to open is in .wps format, 619 KB. The error message I get (when I opt to open) is: "C:\DocumentsandSettings\myname\LocalSettings\TemporaryInternetFiles\OLK19\doumentnamewps cannot be opened or retrieved."
I then tried saving document (with same .wps ending) - and still can't open.
Since there will be a continued exchange of documents with the person that sent me this, I need to resolve the problem on my end. Ironic - he doesn't experience problems opening the files I've sent, in any format (WordPerfect, MS Word, pdf).
I'm thinking I left out a step when I saved document?
Is there anything I can do to be able to open these (wps) email attachments? Or am I going to have to continue to save first (with whatever step I'm missing) first?
Would purchasing a different version (of anything) permanently eliminate this problem?

Reaction score
I clicked on link above - 'to open wps files from MS Publisher...' I'm not trying to open docs in Publisher. Also, the link seems to be 'run scan to find/fix errors' - and I suspect after I run the 'free scan' it then offers a chance to 'purchase' download.

Ask a Question