Outlook 2003 and Act 6.0 - E-Mail Import

G

Hello all

I posted this in the general group, but nobody either knew how to help, or ignored this. I figure I can't be the only one having the following issue

My problem is this. I just installed Office 2k3 Professional, and would like to use Outlook 2003 instead of Act 6.0. I have imported my contacts and most e-mail fine. One problem I have is that when I import the received mail, It shows up as being from me in my inbox. Let me clarify. It should be from: (e-mail address removed), received on a certain date, as it is in Act, and as it is in the sent items I imported. Instead, it is showing every e-mail in my inbox as being from my e-mail address, and received date as the date/time I imported them

So you know, I found no clear way to import Act e-mail, so I experimented. The only way I could get it to work was to change the e-mail client in Act. Before, I was using Act e-mail exclusively. I switched it to include both Act mail and Outlook in Act. This gives me a folder view of both the Act mail hierarchy as well as the Outlook 2003 folders. I dragged the e-mails I wanted to copy from Act to the corresponding folders in Outlook from within the Act client. This worked with sent items, but not inbox

If anyone can offer suggestions/solutions, I would be very appreciative. Thanks in advanc

Ask a Question