Outlook 2003 and 2007 Calendar Holidays

G

I am having a problem:

1 - My holidays are all in duplicate - where is the file located that
controls this, so I can delete it. Where can I get a new copy?

Also - is there a file that has all the religious holidays? I would like to
view those as well.

Thanks,

E

Emily Lin

Hi SJMP,

The holidays are stored in the file named outlook.hol. The holidays in Outlook is controlled in the calendar options. We can delete them
and then add a new copy to fix the issue. Following is the key steps. Note: I suppose that you are using Outlook 2003. If you use other
version of Outlook, please change the steps accordingly.
------------------------
1. Go to the Calendar folder. Click the View menu > Arrange By > Current View > By Category.
2. There should be a Holidays category. Highlight the holidays category and press Shift+Delete. When it prompts, choose OK, Yes
to delete them.
3. And then click the Tools menu > Options > in the Preferences tab, click Calendar Options > click Add Holidays > choose US or
other location which you want > Click OK.
Note: In the Add Holidays list, you can also check if there is the religious holidays which you want (for example, 'Jewish religious
holidays').
4. Thus, all the US holidays are added in the calendar folder. Click OK, OK.

If anything is unclear or if you have any other concerns, please don't hesitate to contact me.

Regards,

Emily Lin

Microsoft Online Partner Support
Get Secure! - www.microsoft.com/security
====================================================
When responding to posts, please "Reply to Group" via your newsreader so that others may learn and benefit from your issue.
This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

--------------------

G

Worked like a charm. Thanks

Emily Lin said:
Hi SJMP,

The holidays are stored in the file named outlook.hol. The holidays in Outlook is controlled in the calendar options. We can delete them
and then add a new copy to fix the issue. Following is the key steps. Note: I suppose that you are using Outlook 2003. If you use other
version of Outlook, please change the steps accordingly.
------------------------
1. Go to the Calendar folder. Click the View menu > Arrange By > Current View > By Category.
2. There should be a Holidays category. Highlight the holidays category and press Shift+Delete. When it prompts, choose OK, Yes
to delete them.
3. And then click the Tools menu > Options > in the Preferences tab, click Calendar Options > click Add Holidays > choose US or
other location which you want > Click OK.
Note: In the Add Holidays list, you can also check if there is the religious holidays which you want (for example, 'Jewish religious
holidays').
4. Thus, all the US holidays are added in the calendar folder. Click OK, OK.

If anything is unclear or if you have any other concerns, please don't hesitate to contact me.

Regards,

Emily Lin

When responding to posts, please "Reply to Group" via your newsreader so that others may learn and benefit from your issue.

E

Emily Lin

Hello SJMP,

Glad that Outlook is working fine now. If you have any other questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact me. It is always
my pleasure to be of assistance.

Have a nice day!

Emily Lin

======================================================
When responding to posts, please "Reply to Group" via your newsreader
so that others may learn and benefit from this issue.

--------------------

Ask a Question