Outlook 2003 - add Profile Name & Exchange Server automatically

phil

I am running XP amd Office 2003. I am trying to get Outlook to add the
User login name as Profile Name and a specific Exchange Server name
automatically when the user logs into their account for the first
time.

I have created a PRF and have the registry edits to add the Username a
Profile Name and a specific name for the server. The problem is I
can't find a way to run the .reg file automatically. I can double
click on it for each user, but thats not going to cut it. Also, when
the .reg it ran it prompts with a "Pre" regedit msgbox and and "Post"
regedit msgbox. I need to eliminate those too!!

1. Run the prf/reg file once on initial login for anyuser that logs
onto the machine
2. Eliminate msgbox(s)

Thanks for the help,
Phil

Sue Mosher [MVP-Outlook]

If you have a .prf file that includes the server name, why do you think you
need a reg file, too?

phil

How do I get the .prf file to run/apply to each different user that
logs into a machine? So when they click on the Outlook Icon it starts
right up with their email account.
I am trying to keep from having to manually setup each ner user that
logs in to the machine.
Phil

Sue Mosher [MVP-Outlook]

The article at
http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/office/2003/all/reskit/en-us/outb03.mspx
explains several ways to deploy a .prf file. One would be to put it in the
user's login script.

--
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP
Author of