Outlook 2002; E-mail

Using Outlook 2002. I have a friend who has 2 e-mail addresses.....one at
Myway.com the other at Toast.net. He can send me emails......I am on
Verizon.net. I cannot get an email to him at either Myway or Toast...they
come back undeliverable from Yahoo (Verizon uses the Yahoo mail system). He
does get emails from others on Verizon....he sent me one to prove it. I can
send him emails using my Netzero acct.....from the same PC...with no
problems. What if anything in Outlook could be preventing me from sending
emails to this other person using Outlook?

Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

What is the exact error message that both of you receive?

--
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

reading.

After furious head scratching, denmarfl asked:

| Using Outlook 2002. I have a friend who has 2 e-mail
| addresses.....one at Myway.com the other at Toast.net. He can send
| me emails......I am on Verizon.net. I cannot get an email to him at
| either Myway or Toast...they come back undeliverable from Yahoo
| (Verizon uses the Yahoo mail system). He does get emails from others
| on Verizon....he sent me one to prove it. I can send him emails
| using my Netzero acct.....from the same PC...with no problems. What
| if anything in Outlook could be preventing me from sending emails to
| this other person using Outlook?

Here is what I get back when I try to send an e-mail to my friend at his
(e-mail address removed) address. As I wrote, I can send e-mails to him at this
address if I use my Netzero acct...... I can not get an email to this
person if I send it using Outlook.
***************************************
Hi. This is the qmail-send program at yahoo.com.

<[email protected]>:
208.45.133.151 does not like recipient.
Remote host said: 554 <[email protected]>: Sender address rejected:
Access denied Giving up on 208.45.133.151.

From: "Dennis Brotman" <[email protected]>
To: <[email protected]>
Subject: Test
Date: Sat, 23 Sep 2006 23:24:22 -0400

------=_NextPart_000_0003_01C6DF67.6A96C890

Test for to get exact error message to post back to the Newsgroup question....

------=_NextPart_000_0003_01C6DF67.6A96C890

<HTML>
<HEAD>
charset=3Dus-ascii"> <META NAME=3D"Generator" CONTENT=3D"MS Exchange Server
version = 6.0.4630.0"> <TITLE>Test</TITLE> </HEAD> <BODY>
<!-- Converted from text/rtf format -->

<P><B><FONT COLOR=3D"#000080" SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Test for to get =
exact error message to post back to the Newsgroup = question…...</FONT></B>
</P>

</BODY>
</HTML>

Milly Staples said:
What is the exact error message that both of you receive?

--Â

denmarfl said:
As I wrote, I can send e-mails to him at this
address if I use my Netzero acct...... Also, I went directly to Verizon's e-mail site....and used their Web based Mail and sent emails to this person and they rec'd them. Since I can send emails to this person using Netzero, and, Verizon's Web Based Mail, that leaves Outlook as the cause of my problem (I use Verizon\Yahoo as the Mail service........that is the mail service used m=by Verizon). Here is the message I get back.........where you see MY E-mail Addres and My Name....I chnaged those entries so my name and e-mail address would not appear is this reply........
***************************************

From: "My Name" <My E-Mail Address>
To: <[email protected]>
Date: Sat, 23 Sep 2006 23:24:22 -0400

Milly Staples said:
What is the exact error message that both of you receive?

--Â
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

reading.

After furious head scratching, denmarfl asked:

| Using Outlook 2002. I have a friend who has 2 e-mail
| addresses.....one at Myway.com the other at Toast.net. He can send
| me emails......I am on Verizon.net. I cannot get an email to him at
| either Myway or Toast...they come back undeliverable from Yahoo
| (Verizon uses the Yahoo mail system). He does get emails from others
| on Verizon....he sent me one to prove it. I can send him emails
| using my Netzero acct.....from the same PC...with no problems. What
| if anything in Outlook could be preventing me from sending emails to
| this other person using Outlook?

I also sent e-mails to this person NOT Using Outlook, I went directly to
Verizon's Web Mail Site and the e-mails were thru and were received. So I
can get message to this person using Netzero, and, sending them directly
using Verizon's Web Based mail.....I just cannot send to this person Using
Outlook to send the message. Also, I just realized pasting the error message
to this posting, it shows my name and e-mail address...I tried to delete that
info but could not....is there a way to dlete this so it does not appear in
this public forum?

From: "My Name" <My E-Mail Address>
To: <[email protected]>
Date: Sat, 23 Sep 2006 23:24:22 -0400

Milly Staples said:
What is the exact error message that both of you receive?

--Â
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

reading.

After furious head scratching, denmarfl asked:

| Using Outlook 2002. I have a friend who has 2 e-mail
| addresses.....one at Myway.com the other at Toast.net. He can send
| me emails......I am on Verizon.net. I cannot get an email to him at
| either Myway or Toast...they come back undeliverable from Yahoo
| (Verizon uses the Yahoo mail system). He does get emails from others
| on Verizon....he sent me one to prove it. I can send him emails
| using my Netzero acct.....from the same PC...with no problems. What
| if anything in Outlook could be preventing me from sending emails to
| this other person using Outlook?

Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

No, once posted these groups are slurped by many servers so once your address is up, it is out.

As for your problem, sounds like you are sending through the wrong SMTP server. When sending through Netzero, you must either use their servers or set their SMTP server for sending. See your account properties and the connections tab.

--
> [...]

|| Server version = 6.0.4630.0"> <TITLE>Test</TITLE> </HEAD> <BODY>
|| <!-- Converted from text/rtf format -->
|| <P><B><FONT COLOR=3D"#000080" SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Test for to
|| get =
|| exact error message to post back to the Newsgroup =
|| question…...</FONT></B> </P>
|| </BODY>
|| </HTML>
|| ------=_NextPart_000_0003_01C6DF67.6A96C890--
|| ***************************************************
|| "Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]" wrote:
||| What is the exact error message that both of you receive?
||| --Â
||| Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]
||| Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All
||| unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without
||| reading.
||| After furious head scratching, denmarfl asked:

My Connections tab...shows connect using my Local Area Network (LAN). Mkaes
no sense because 1) if I go to Verizons Web Mailed Mail site, I can send to
this person fine. If I go yo Yahoo Mail Base Site, I can send to this
person. If I send from Netzero's Web Based Mail I can send fine. It is only
when I send using Outlook.....and I have not entered any other problems
sending to other using Outlook. I have zero in on the problem sending to
this user....only when I use Outlook.....what could be the problem?