Outlook 2002 and Vista

I have installed Outlook 2002 into a Vista system computer and it works well
except for every time i try to send a new e-mail an annoyying little box pops
up which includes the following "A program is trying to access your Address
Book" and then gives me the option of allowing access for 1, 2, 5, or 10
minutes. Is there a way to allow permanent access to the Address Book?

Chad Harris

Your problem is with Outlook Security Manager, and instructions for dealing
with it are here:

As to your error, (should apply to OL 02 as well)
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook/HA011127891033.aspx

You can get rid of it this way:

http://www.ablebits.com/programming-outlook-security/index.php

One thing to be aware of with respect to OL 02 and Vista

http://www.slipstick.com/

Scroll Down to Outlook and Vista.

"Outlook 2002 works fine but email account passwords are not saved. This is
because Outlook stores passwords in protected storage interface and Vista
does not support it."

CH

Congrats to the Telecoms for lying about their email and telephone dragnet
that the US government admitted to finally today. This should help at the
hearing for the lawsuit against Verizon soon, and in the case argued last
week against the lying ATT. Hopefully they will pay a significant price in
a mass of federal lawsuits that are now very viable. It is quite posssible
that a number of large software companies have the same liability.

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/08/23/washington/23cnd-nsa.html?ref=washington

______________________
http://www.eff.org/deeplinks/

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/bill-maher/what-i-did-on-my-summer-v_b_61551.html

Nepatsfan

In
sleetsis said:
I have installed Outlook 2002 into a Vista system computer
and it works well
except for every time i try to send a new e-mail an annoyying
little box pops
up which includes the following "A program is trying to
access your Address
Book" and then gives me the option of allowing access for 1,
2, 5, or 10
minutes. Is there a way to allow permanent access to the
Address Book?

This program works in XP with Outlook 2002. I can't vouch for
its working in Vista.

ClickYes Software. Get rid of annoying Outlook messages.
http://www.contextmagic.com/express-clickyes/

Express ClickYes v1.2 (Freeware)
http://www.contextmagic.com/express-clickyes/free-version.htm

Good luck

Nepatsfan

Richard Urban

There are known compatibility problems with Outlook 2002 in Vista. Search in
the Microsoft Office/Outlook newsgroups to read the discussions about them.

Richard Urban
Microsoft MVP Windows Shell/User

Swingman

"sleetsis" wrote in message
I have installed Outlook 2002 into a Vista system computer and it works
well
except for every time i try to send a new e-mail an annoyying little box
pops
up which includes the following "A program is trying to access your
Address
Book" and then gives me the option of allowing access for 1, 2, 5, or 10
minutes. Is there a way to allow permanent access to the Address Book?

Just one box? You're lucky!

Just opening OL2002 on this Vista laptop results in one of those boxes for
EVERY e-mail address in the contacts list.

IOW, hundreds of boxes which must be closed individually, making OL2002
totally unusable. The only thing I want to use OL for is the Contacts
database, which has hundreds of custom fields that took years to fine tune.

No luck in finding out how to stop it, what "program", if any, is causing
the behavior (it has to be something indigenous to VISTA because OL was
installed on the box before it was ever connected and OL exhibited the
behavior immediately on the first start).

The URL's offered as solutions provide none ... one saying nothing can be
done about it, and the other offering a $149 solution, and the sum total of
the OL forum's sage advice is to "upgrade".

If you do find a solution, please post it. TIA

Chad Harris

Yo Swingman--

I don't know *which URLs you refer to, but I posted a solution days ago:
Read!

[...]

Yo Chad,

While I certainly appreciate your attempt, you should both "Read!" what I
wrote, followed immediately by perhaps a first "Read!" on your part of the
url's you posted, none of which are worth a warm bucket of $pit as a
"$olution" to the problem. :)

Once again, with a little more clarity ... the first url clearly states "In
general, you cannot prevent this caution from appearing".

One wants you to _program_ a fix with VB, and the other two want $$ to
provide one.

Thanks, but no thanks ... but I do appreciate your effort.

Bjorn Opland

I totally agree.
Personally I will wait for novell evolution to have a working version on
vista.

B. Opland

I just installed OL pro 2002 on my new Vista laptop and when I entered my
first contact the "A program is trying to access your Address Book" warning
started popping up immediately and continually about every 5 seconds... All
must be individually deleted and it will not stop until I delete the contact
entry as well.

Chad Harris

Hi JRob--

A few things cause this--also read the caveat here about using OL 2002 on
Vista:

www.slipstick.com

"A program is trying to access e-mail addresses" warning message when you
try to create or modify a meeting by using the Live Meeting Add-in for
Microsoft Outlook

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/842945

"A program is trying to access e-mail addresses you have stored in Outlook"
warning message when you send a mail merge to e-mail after you apply the
Outlook Security Update (written for OL 2000 but applies to OL 2002):

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/263073

Good luck,

CH

Congrats to the US who has a huge percentage of high school seniors who
think American fought on the side of Germany in WWII. It's typical of the
level of reading and airhead news reporting that goes on, particularly on
TV. They'd be much bettter off getting all their news from Jon Stewart.