Out of order files and folders

G

I posted this below, but no one seems to read posts that appear old. It is in reference to things being out of order when I specifically put them into a certain order

Lets just say he wanted them ordered differently. I have this same problem, though it's not descending order exactly. It's some weird order that I can't even tell. I think it might be reverse-size order. I can't get anything OUT of that order, and it makes me very angry. It never used to do this, believe it or not. One day it just stopped being in the order I told it to be in. I did a folder-wide "arrange by" name ascending, but it didn't help. It shows it fine in Windows, just not in any applications. Any ideas

M

mrtee

I had previously read your post and could not figure it out then and I still can not figure it out.

Are you saying that the file order is correct in Windows Explorer and incorrect in an application such as MS Word?

You can sort files in Windows Explorer by clicking on a column heading. The file order in MS Word is the last opened file is first.

--
Just my 2¢ worth
Jeff
__________in response to__________
| I posted this below, but no one seems to read posts that appear old. It is in reference to things being out of order when I specifically put them into a certain order.
|
| Lets just say he wanted them ordered differently. I have this same problem, though it's not descending order exactly. It's some weird order that I can't even tell. I think it might be reverse-size order. I can't get anything OUT of that order, and it makes me very angry. It never used to do this, believe it or not. One day it just stopped being in the order I told it to be in. I did a folder-wide "arrange by" name ascending, but it didn't help. It shows it fine in Windows, just not in any applications. Any ideas?
|

G

That doesn't help. They're still way out of order. I think it might be forward size order now that I look at it, obviously. The folders are last, while the big things are first. Yes, the files are ordered correctly in Windows Explorer. It seems that inside any program, though, they are out of ascending name order and in ascending size order. I've tried a lot of stuff. Can anyone help?

Ask a Question