OT - Need Some Free Wallpapers

Jan

Hi All,

Don't know if this is the right place to make this request, but I never post
on any other Usenet group. If there is a better place to ask, let me know.
Credential plug - I'm a big freeware fan and have a languishing section on
my personal website devoted to alternative word processors (mostly freeware)
for writers.

For the month of October, I am the coordinator in my department for the
University's annual charity drive. I did this last year and, quite frankly,
our department didn't do so well.

This year is going to be different!

I'm offering thank you gifts to any employee in our department that
volunteers their time. One of the gifts I wish to offer is a wallpaper, or
set of wallpapers. I don't feel right about taking something off the web.
This is a small opportunity for someone to showcase their digital creations
created with freeware programs *such as* Artweaver, Pixia and PhotoFiltre.
Giving a plug for the program or filter is perfectly acceptable.

If anyone wants to contribute a jpg or two, please let me know.

Polite rules apply - no depictions of sex, religion or politics.

TIA!

Jan C.

Gabriele Neukam

On that special day, Jan, ([email protected]) said...
If anyone wants to contribute a jpg or two, please let me know.

Polite rules apply - no depictions of sex, religion or politics.

Is there any topic one has to keep to? I have a collection of pictures
that I made with my digital camera, while walking my dog, and would
'part' with some.

I have pictures like two dogs in the evening light, a forest walkway in
spring, another in autumn/fall, some yellow iris flowers, and lots of
skies with clouds :).

Gabriele Neukam

(e-mail address removed)

Jan

Gabriele Neukam said:
On that special day, Jan, ([email protected]) said...

Is there any topic one has to keep to? I have a collection of pictures
that I made with my digital camera, while walking my dog, and would
'part' with some.

I have pictures like two dogs in the evening light, a forest walkway in
spring, another in autumn/fall, some yellow iris flowers, and lots of
skies with clouds :).

Gabriele Neukam

(e-mail address removed)

Thanks for replying! No, no particular subject. The campaign is called
"Hearts of Texas," and my first inclination was to look for a theme around
that. It became a bit challenging after the first day. Therefore - flowers,
pets and landscapes sound *terrific*.

My work email is janice . chandler @ austin . utexas . edu

Thanks!

Jan C.

Gabriele Neukam

On that special day, Jan, ([email protected]) said...
My work email is janice . chandler @ austin . utexas . edu

I would like to send you some. But there is a problem.

The original size of my JPEGs is about 500kb each (the camera has four
megapixel). I am afraid, if I just start sending a big bunch, it might
clobber your inbox, and you would not be able to receive your normal
mails any more. How much quota do you have?

I would send the dogs and two or three flower pictures, but this adds
up to 2 Mb already.

Gabriele Neukam

(e-mail address removed)

Susan Bugher

Gabriele said:
On that special day, Jan, ([email protected]) said...

I would like to send you some. But there is a problem.

The original size of my JPEGs is about 500kb each (the camera has four
megapixel). I am afraid, if I just start sending a big bunch, it might
clobber your inbox, and you would not be able to receive your normal
mails any more. How much quota do you have?

I would send the dogs and two or three flower pictures, but this adds
up to 2 Mb already.

Why not upload the files to YouSendIt? That's easier on the person at the receiving end.

YouSendIt
http://www.yousendit.com/
Send the download URL to your friends (or post it in alt.comp.freeware). File size: Up to 1 GB File
Storage is temporary; number of downloads is limited.

Susan
--
Posted to alt.comp.freeware