OT: Framework version on Win 7 (CLR 2.0/FW 3.5)

Armin Zingler

Hi,

it started as a VB question, but to make (another) long story
short: Whenever I load my project in the IDE, *.vshost.exe wants
to access the internet. I have the problem for years(!) but I
seem to be almost the only one. Today I made a decisive (debugging)
step. Hence I was able to find more help.

The "Symptoms" section in this link describes the situation:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/936707/en-us

And the "cause" section in this link is a bit more detailed:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/944752/en-us

However, I'm not happy with the suggested workarounds, and I
also don't understand why I should have to install a hotfix.
Shouldn't I already have these fixes with Win 7 + all updates
installed? (My version of mscorwks.dll is 2.0.50727.4952.)
I have always been wondering why you guys don't have this problem!?

Armin Zingler

Am 27.01.2011 02:13, schrieb Armin Zingler:
I have always been wondering why you guys don't have this problem!?

Still wondering, but I manually installed the certificates now,
and everything is fine. No startup delay and no firewall
issues anymore. :-D :-D :-D

Cor

Armin,

The first thing which I do when I've installed a new version is going to the
tools and remove the startuppage from the startup with part.

I start always with an empty IDE, can it be something like that?

Cor

Am 27.01.2011 14:18, schrieb Cor:
Armin,

The first thing which I do when I've installed a new version is going to the
tools and remove the startuppage from the startup with part.

Cor,

Yep, me too. (and I switch to MDI and enable Option Strict On, of course)
I start with an empty IDE.
I start always with an empty IDE, can it be something like that?

No, it was whenever a project was loaded and *.vshost.exe was started.
(as "enable visual studio host process" is checked by default in the project
properties). Internet access was done from that vshost.exe.

Thanks for asking!

If you want I can show you the callstack. (I didn't want to bother everyone
with my debugging details yesterday)