OST to PST conversion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dhiren

Hi,

I forgot to export my contacts from Outlook at my previous company but
have a copy of the OST file. Is there any *free* tool to convert it to
PST and recover my contacts? I've found several demo applications on
the web which show that the file has my contacts but are pretty
expensive to use in full mode. I obvoiusly don't have access to the
exchange server this OST is associated with.

Thanks!

Dhiren

Diane Poremsky [MVP]

Did you bring a copy of the OST with you or were you using it on your
computer and deleted the profile already? if the second, system restore may
bring back the profile so you can export. Otherwise, you'll need to buy an
app, especially if you use Outlook 2003 or 2007 - there is a pirated copy of
ost2pst floating around the net but it doesn't work with unicode ost.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

(e-mail address removed)

newsreader to msnews.microsoft.com.

Dhiren

I have the OST with me but I'm on a different computer with no access
to the old exchange server. I've tried ost2pst from pwdservice but no
luck. I get "Internal Error (Error code 0000000E)". Is this because of
a unicode ost or do I not have the correct ost2pst file?

Thanks.

Did you bring a copy of the OST with you or were you using it on your
computer and deleted the profile already?  if the second, system restore may
bring back the profile so you can export. Otherwise, you'll need to buy an
app, especially if you use Outlook 2003 or 2007 - there is a pirated copyof
ost2pst floating around the net but it doesn't work with unicode ost.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
Outlook Tips:http://www.outlook-tips.net/
Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center:http://www.slipstick.com

Outlook Tips by email:
(e-mail address removed)

(e-mail address removed)

You can access this newsgroup by visitinghttp://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspxor point your
newsreader to msnews.microsoft.com.

I forgot to export my contacts from Outlook at my previous company but
have a copy of the OST file. Is there any *free* tool to convert it to
PST and recover my contacts? I've found several demo applications on
the web which show that the file has my contacts but are pretty
expensive to use in full mode. I obvoiusly don't have access to the
exchange server this OST is associated with.

Dhiren

Diane Poremsky [MVP]

I'm not familiar with the error code, but if the file is from prior to 2003,
its because of Unicode. (Look on the file's properties for the file date. )

--

Dhiren said:
[...]

Jack Toff

HoopleHead: Did you even bother to notice the date of the post you are
replying to?

best OST recovery software to our users therefore, we provide them FREE demonstration of OST to PST software to examine the efficiency and reliability of the tool. First, the users can easily view the download FREE OST to PST demo process then, they can pay for the full version for saving recovered and converted OST files into PST file format.?

http://www.ost2psttool.com

Google is your friend:

http://www.ost2pst.net/

Good luck!

--
Kathleen Orland - MVP Outlook

http://www.howto-outlook.com/

:

On Thursday, August 21, 2008 6:06 AM Dhiren wrote:
I have the OST with me but I'm on a different computer with no access
to the old exchange server. I've tried ost2pst from pwdservice but no
luck. I get "Internal Error (Error code 0000000E)". Is this because of
a unicode ost or do I not have the correct ost2pst file?

Thanks.

On Aug 18, 12:59=A0pm, "Diane Poremsky [MVP]"<[email protected]>
wrote:
e may
of
community/en-us/default.mspxor point your

Bob Maria

There is no such utility for free. However you can get the demo
version of ost to pst converter and that previews all the components
of ost file. But you can not save them in free version from
http://www.osttopstfreeware.com/

Bob Maria

[...]

wrote:
e may
  of
[...]

wrote:
e may
  of
community/en-us/default.mspxor point your

There is no such utility for free. However you can get the demo
version of ost to pst converter and that previews all the components
of ost file. But you can not save them in free version from
http://www.osttopstfreeware.com/

Peter Foldes

Bob Maria
You are another another Hooplehead. Where do you idiots come from?

--
Peter
http://www.microsoft.com/protect