    10.4.11. My wife runs 10.5 and I am thinking of upgrading both
    computers to 10.6. Can anybody tell me if I will run into problems with
    these scanners and what to do about it?

    Robert Peirce, Jan 2, 2010

  2. Robert Peirce

    tom koehler Guest

    On Sat, 2 Jan 2010 10:19:52 -0600, Robert Peirce wrote
    (in message <>):

    > I have an Epson 2450 and a Nikon 4000 I currently use under OS X
    > 10.4.11. My wife runs 10.5 and I am thinking of upgrading both
    > computers to 10.6. Can anybody tell me if I will run into problems with
    > these scanners and what to do about it?

    Definitely check out the information that Jolly Roger gave you. Another thing
    to consider, if you like, is a program called Vuescan. It is a "universal
    application" and will work nicely with a large number of scanners that might
    not be well supported by their mfr.
    tom koehler

    --
    I will find a way or make one.

    tom koehler, Jan 2, 2010

  3. In article <>,
    tom koehler <> wrote:
    >On Sat, 2 Jan 2010 10:19:52 -0600, Robert Peirce wrote
    >(in message <>):
    >
    >> I have an Epson 2450 and a Nikon 4000 I currently use under OS X
    >> 10.4.11. My wife runs 10.5 and I am thinking of upgrading both
    >> computers to 10.6. Can anybody tell me if I will run into problems with
    >> these scanners and what to do about it?

    >Definitely check out the information that Jolly Roger gave you. Another thing
    >to consider, if you like, is a program called Vuescan. It is a "universal
    >application" and will work nicely with a large number of scanners that might
    >not be well supported by their mfr.
    >tom koehler

    Another option to consider is to create a bootable external disk with
    10.4.11 on it. Then, if there are problems, you could boot from the external drive
    when you want to run NikonScan or the Epson software.

    -db-

    | David O. Blanchard Flagstaff, Arizona |

    David Blanchard, Jan 2, 2010
  4. Robert Peirce

    Guest

    tom koehler <> writes:

    > Definitely check out the information that Jolly Roger gave
    > you. Another thing to consider, if you like, is a program called
    > Vuescan. It is a "universal application" and will work nicely with a
    > large number of scanners that might not be well supported by their
    > mfr.

    The only thing keeping me from moving my iMac to 10.6 is
    the fact that my Laserjet MFP M1522nf will not scan under
    10.6. I love 10.6 on my MBP, but I need at least one
    machine in the house on which I can scan.

    Vuescan doesn't seem to be able to recognize a scanner which
    is connected over the LAN. Or at least I was unable to get
    it to recognize it. Am I missing something here? I'd love
    to use Vuescan and get rid of HP's horrible software. And
    move to 10.6 as well.

    , Jan 2, 2010