OR Nesting?

Karel

I'm trying to sum column B (minutes) that have different decriptions in
column A. I want to sum only those descriptions that have the abbreviation
of "PRJ" in them. Do I need to list out the entire descriptions somewhere
else?

Jim Cone

=SUMIF(A1:A100,"=*prj*",B1:B100)
--
Jim Cone
San Francisco, USA

"Karel"
wrote in message
I'm trying to sum column B (minutes) that have different decriptions in
column A. I want to sum only those descriptions that have the abbreviation
of "PRJ" in them. Do I need to list out the entire descriptions somewhere
else?

Tyro

For example, this sums for those values in A1:A10 that have prj anywhere in
them:

=SUMIF(A1:A10,"*prj*",B1:B10)

Remove the "*"'s to sum for only those that are simply prj

Tyro