Opinions Desired...

ross m. greenberg

I'm looking around for the best "run an ISO image" *without*a required
reboot -- free, of course. Any opinions?

Under Vista/Ultimate.

Thanks!

Ross

kevpan815

Spelling Error!
I Wish I Knew How To Spell. All That Right Wing Republican Searching
For Gay Senators In The Mens Room Makes Me A Bad Spelling Guy. Just FYI.

I Still Don't Understand How To Use My Computer. Just FYI. Those Icons
Are Confusing. Just FYI.

ross m. greenberg

So I downloaded and installed Virtual CloneDrive which was easy enough. Now
I'm trying to run Puppy, a Linux distribution. It gives me a directory of
the contents of the distribution does does not actually run it. How do I go
about enabling Autoplay?

Jon

ross m. greenberg said:
So I downloaded and installed Virtual CloneDrive which was easy enough.
Now I'm trying to run Puppy, a Linux distribution. It gives me a directory
of the contents of the distribution does does not actually run it. How do
I go about enabling Autoplay?

Ok, if I understand you correctly, it's slightly more complicated than that.

To run linux, you'll need to do that either within a 'Virtual machine' or
install it to a separate partition.

If you mount the iso image within 'Virtual PC' (a free download from
Microsoft) ,or within VMWare, then you can effectively 'boot' from it within
the virtual machine, which will install 'puppy linux' to the virtual
machine.

Virtual PC 2007
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...02-3199-48A3-AFA2-2DC0B40A73B6&displaylang=en

Bill Yanaire