OpenOffice PDF problem

Dos-Man

I just got OO 1.1.1.
When I create PDFs with it I get the following error messages
from Adobe 3 when I open them.

Unable to find or create the font "BAAAAA+TimesNewRomanPS-BoldMT'.
Some characters may not display or print correctly.

This file contains information not understood by the viewer.
Suppress further errors?

Perhaps the cause is Adobe 3? I have 4 somewhere but I can't
remember which CD it is on.

dos-man

Joachim Ziebs

Hi!

Dos-Man said:
I just got OO 1.1.1.
When I create PDFs with it I get the following error messages
from Adobe 3 when I open them.

Unable to find or create the font "BAAAAA+TimesNewRomanPS-BoldMT'.
Some characters may not display or print correctly.

This file contains information not understood by the viewer.
Suppress further errors?

Perhaps the cause is Adobe 3? I have 4 somewhere but I can't
remember which CD it is on.

OO.org might create a PDF according to a later version (PDF 1.4 vs. 1.3)
which then makes your elderly version of Adobe Acrobat Reader not find
the embedded font, not accept it as an embedded font or simply not find
it on your system.
You might wish to update to AAR 4 or have a look at Ghostview.

Greetings,

Joachim

Dos-Man

Ceg said:
IIRC, you can download previous versions of Acrobat Reader from the Adobe
site.

I've heard bad things about "recent versions" of Adobe. What is the
best "nonrecent version" to have? Maybe 5?

dos-man

Ceg

Dos-Man said:
"Ceg" <[email protected]> wrote in message

I've heard bad things about "recent versions" of Adobe. What is the
best "nonrecent version" to have? Maybe 5?

If I was still using Adobe, I'd probably go with 4. I use an alternative
program.

JanC

(e-mail address removed) (Dos-Man) schreef:
I've heard bad things about "recent versions" of Adobe. What is the
best "nonrecent version" to have? Maybe 5?

I haven't had any problems yet with OOo PDFs in Acrobat Reader 4.