Opening files by double clicking takes for ever - Word, Excel

Scott Townsend

I've just upgraded our Terminal Server to Office 2007.

If I open a Word/Excel file by double clicking the document, the App opens
and sits there for a while. Then eventually the document opens, like in 40+
seconds.

If I have the App Open, it opens fast and I can open the file from the
Recent files and its quick. From stating of the App, to open Document, just
a few seconds.

Here is the Weird one. If I open a Word/Excel file by double clicking the
document, the App opens, then if I click the Office button, the document
opens right away and the Office button menu appears. So why clicking the
Office button does it make it load faster? What's it doing?

Thanks,
Scott<-

Steven Du [MSFT]

Dear Scott,

I notice you have posted the same question in our Office MISC newsgroup,
which I have already responded. So please check my answer there and if you
need any further assistance on this particular issue, please reply to me in
that thread so I can follow up with you in time. Also, please don't
cross-post the same question in multiple newsgroups in the future so that
our engineers can work on your question efficiently. Your understanding and
cooperation is appreciated.

Have a nice day!

Best regards,

Steven Du
Microsoft Online Support

From: "Scott Townsend" <[email protected]>
Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2008 11:59:42 -0700

I've just upgraded our Terminal Server to Office 2007.

If I open a Word/Excel file by double clicking the document, the App opens
and sits there for a while. Then eventually the document opens, like in 40+
seconds.

If I have the App Open, it opens fast and I can open the file from the
Recent files and its quick. From stating of the App, to open Document,
just
a few seconds.

Here is the Weird one. If I open a Word/Excel file by double clicking the
document, the App opens, then if I click the Office button, the document
opens right away and the Office button menu appears. So why clicking the
Office button does it make it load faster? What's it doing?

Thanks,
Scott<-

Barbara

Steven,
Can you give me a link to where you posted Scott's answer?
I need help with this also.
Thanks,
Barb