Opening Custom Forms

Simon Morgan

Hi all,
I just started working with Outlook and have hit a wall.

I created and published a custom TASK form to a public
folder. When I create a new instance of this Task, the
task form executes (i.e. the Item_Open event is
triggered). However when I open an existing task the
Item_Open event is not triggered. To cause it to trigger I
have to explicitly go to the Form menu and click the 'Run
This Form' menu option.

I need the Itme_Open event to trigger as the form data is
loaded from SQLServer.

Is there some way I can get the custom form to ALWAYS
execute, whether its a new task or just opening an
existing one?

Thanks
Simon ;-)

Simon Morgan

Hi Sue,

Thanks for the pointers...

I fixed the problem. I needed to
(1) Publish the form to a PUBLIC folder with the 'Send
Definition' option checked.
(2) Then publish the form to the local folder (that will
be used to programmatically create and assign the task),
with the 'Send Definition' option unchecked.

Now when a custom task is assigned to someone and they
accept it, they receive a Post item. The form will run
when opened, using the PUBLIC folder form.