OpenDialog on WinCe (320x240)

Hi, I'm developing an application that have to run on Windows CE devices with
display size 320x240.

What happens with opendialog ? In the emulator the opendialog width is
bigger than 320 so it is impossible to use.

What can I do ? I've to create my own open dialog window ?

Thank you in advance.

Keven Corazza

Serg Kuryata [MS]

Hello Keven,

Could you please provide more details about the device that you are going
to use and the problem itself?

One of the things that you could try to do is to set window style of the
dialogs to Maximized.

Thank you,
Sergiy.

| From: "=?Utf-8?B?S2V2ZW4gQ29yYXp6YQ==?="
<[email protected]>
| Subject: OpenDialog on WinCe (320x240)
| Date: Mon, 6 Dec 2004 09:35:02 -0800
| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.compactframework
|
| Hi, I'm developing an application that have to run on Windows CE devices
with
| display size 320x240.
|
| What happens with opendialog ? In the emulator the opendialog width is
| bigger than 320 so it is impossible to use.
|
| What can I do ? I've to create my own open dialog window ?
|
| Thank you in advance.
|
| Keven Corazza

Perhaps I didn't explain very well the problem. When I say OpenDialog I would
say OpenFileDialog.

The size of this system dialog is bigger (in width) than the size of my
device that is 320x240.

What can I do in this case ? Write my own OpenFileDialog ?

Thank you.

Keven Corazza

Serg Kuryata [MS]

Hello Keven,

First of all I want to apologize for such a long delay with a reply.

Now I understand the problem you faced with. Unfortunately, I do not know
an answer to your question. The thing is that the .NET Compact Framework
does not implement its own OpenDialog. It just utilizes one implemented by
the underlying OS.

I would post this question on some Windows CE newsgroups, for example,
microsoft.public.windowsce.app.development or
microsoft.public.windowsce.embedded. You can find a list of other different
available resources here:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/mobility/community/newsgroups/default.aspx.

I'm sorry that I have not been able to answer you question.
Best regards,
Sergiy.

--------------------
| From: "=?Utf-8?B?S2V2ZW4gQ29yYXp6YQ==?="
<[email protected]>
| Subject: RE: OpenDialog on WinCe (320x240)
| Date: Wed, 8 Dec 2004 23:31:02 -0800
| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.compactframework
|
| Perhaps I didn't explain very well the problem. When I say OpenDialog I
would
| say OpenFileDialog.
|
| The size of this system dialog is bigger (in width) than the size of my
| device that is 320x240.
|
| What can I do in this case ? Write my own OpenFileDialog ?
|
| Thank you.
|
| Keven Corazza
|
| "Serg Kuryata [MS]" wrote:
|
| > Hello Keven,
| >
| > Could you please provide more details about the device that you are
going
| > to use and the problem itself?
| >
| > One of the things that you could try to do is to set window style of
the
| > dialogs to Maximized.
| >
| > Thank you,
| > Sergiy.

rights.
| > --------------------
| > | From: "=?Utf-8?B?S2V2ZW4gQ29yYXp6YQ==?="
| > <[email protected]>
| > | Subject: OpenDialog on WinCe (320x240)
| > | Date: Mon, 6 Dec 2004 09:35:02 -0800
| > | Newsgroups: microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.compactframework
| > |
| > | Hi, I'm developing an application that have to run on Windows CE
devices
| > with
| > | display size 320x240.
| > |
| > | What happens with opendialog ? In the emulator the opendialog width
is
| > | bigger than 320 so it is impossible to use.
| > |
| > | What can I do ? I've to create my own open dialog window ?
| > |
| > | Thank you in advance.
| > |
| > | Keven Corazza