Open Word 2007 doc in separate Windows

OpenOffice really looks nice!!

How does one open a Word doc (*.doc), in Word 2007, in multiple Windows (not
child windows in Word but separate Window XP/Vista Windows)?

Done tried the Tools, Folder Options, File Types, select DOC, go to Advance,
edit the &Edit and &Open actions to not use DDE (unchecked it) and added the
"%1" variable to the end of the command ("C:\Program Files\Microsoft
Office\Office12\WINWORD.EXE" "%1"). This nevers saves

Also changed the registry values directly but nothing helps.

What gives MS?

Suzanne S. Barnhill

If you are referring to separate buttons on the Taskbar, find this setting
at Office Button | Word Options | Advanced | Display: Show all windows in
the Taskbar.

--
Suzanne S. Barnhill
Microsoft MVP (Word)

"OpenOffice really looks nice!!" <OpenOffice really looks
news:[email protected]...

OpenOffice really looks nice!!

here I sit hold covented MS certs and couldn't find it in front of my face.

Thanks for help and quick relpy Suzanne.

Julie Tomblin

Valyap

Hi I have Word'97 and i just can't see word or excel documents in separate
windows at the task bar as i was used to with other versions of word, what
can i do? Thanks in Advance!!