open subform for editing

John Fennell

I have changed the main form allow edits to no then I created a command
button with the following code to open the form for edits. The sub form
doesn't open. What lines of code must I enter to open the subform for
editing. Do I have to re write the code to make this happen. If so HELP.

Thanks for responding
Private Sub cmdEditRecord_Click()
Dim ctl As Control
Dim lngBackColor As Long
Me.AllowEdits = Not (Me.AllowEdits)
If Me.AllowEdits = True Then
Me!cmdEditRecord.Caption = "Lock"
lngBackColor = vbCyan
Else
Me!cmdEditRecord.Caption = "Edit Record"
lngBackColor = vbWhite
End If
For Each ctl In Me.Controls
If TypeOf ctl Is TextBox Or TypeOf ctl Is ComboBox Then
ctl.BackColor = lngBackColor
End If
Next ctl
'CurrentDate.SetFocus
End Sub

prabha

Hi John,

You have to set the subForm control's AllowEdits = True, example:

Me.AllowEdits = Not (Me.AllowEdits)
Me.[subform control].Form.AllowEdits = Not(Me.[subform
control].Form.AllowEdits)

I hope this helps! If you have additional questions on this topic, please
respond back to this posting.

Regards,

Eric Butts
Microsoft Access Support

"Microsoft Security Announcement: Have you installed the patch for
Microsoft Security Bulletin MS03-026? If not Microsoft strongly advises
you to review the information at the following link regarding Microsoft
Security Bulletin MS03-026
<http://www.microsoft.com/security/security_bulletins/ms03-026.asp> and/or
to visit Windows Update at <http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com/> to install
the patch. Running the SCAN program from the Windows Update site will help
to insure you are current with all security patches, not just MS03-026."