Open Form in Subform Area

Reaction score
I have a form (eg. frmMain) with a subform (eg. frmSub).

The subform is going to be a query which displays results based on criteria defined in the main form.

So say frmMain had a field called 'OrderDate'. When they typed an order date, all the orders on that date appear in the subform.

The way I have it set up at the moment is that the query criteria is like [forms]![frmMain]![orderdate]

Do this means that once the order date is entered - there is still no results in the subform because the query has already run when the form was opened and, as this field was then blank, no results were returned.

I would like to keep this setup, but - instead of having the subform set to the query, it would be set to another form which just has a commond button.

The user will then input the OrderDate - click the button (which is in the subform) and the query will run. This can be done easily. HOWEVER, is there a way for the query results to be displayed in that subform area after the button has been clicked instead of opening up a new form.

I know in web design you can target links to frames, so wondered if this was possible?

Ask a Question