open a .msg file

Reaction score
hi all,
i need to open a .msg file i saved in my local disk using c#.net. I searched through net for almost a week and have not found out what i need. i tried the createItemfromTemplate to do this and it worked, but what i need is the .msg file should open as such as we open by doubleclicking a mailitem from inbox or by rightclick->open from inbox.the way the file opens when using CreteItemFromTemplate is as a new mailItem with the fields of To:,CC:and all we can edit and make changes.It is not what i need.I want to open the file as we open from inbox where we cannot edit the fields but can see all the from,to:,CC:,Bcc:,and the messagebody.
One way i found was using System.Diagnostics.Process.Start(filename) where the result was as i needed.But instead i was asked to use the code with C# reflection.

For opening word documents the following code worked..But this is not possible with .msg files..

private string sFileName = string.Empty;
object oDocuments = null;
object[] oParams;

oDocuments = _Application.Documents;
oParams = new object[1];
oParams[0] = sFileName;
oDocuments.GetType().InvokeMember("Open",BindingFlags.InvokeMethod, null, oDocuments, oParams);

can u please help me with this???

Ask a Question