Only blocking off a half hour for appointments


G

Guest

I have a user that when he creates a 1 time meeting, it will only block off a
half hour, regardless of how long the actual meeting is. As soon as you
change it to a reoccurring meeting, the block changes to reflect the correct
times.

If he accepts a meeting invitation everything shows up correctly, it's only
when he creates a 1 time meeting.

Any ideas besides telling him to create all his appointments as reoccurring
expiring after the first occurrence? (he didn't like that very much!)
 
Ad

Advertisements

B

Brian Tillman

hilde said:
I have a user that when he creates a 1 time meeting, it will only
block off a half hour, regardless of how long the actual meeting is.
As soon as you change it to a reoccurring meeting, the block changes
to reflect the correct times.

Have him describe the exact steps he's using to create the appointment,
including his Outlook version, and post them.
 
G

Guest

Outlook 2007
inside calendar he's tried double clicking on the time and adding the
appointment, adjusting the end time, filling in the information, then saving
it. Also he's tried going to new - appointment, filling in the data and
click save and close.

At anytime if it is changed to a reoccurring appointment it will change to
the right time block, but once you change it back to a non-reoccurring
appointment it goes back to a half hour block.

Hilde
 
B

Brian Tillman

hilde said:
Outlook 2007
inside calendar he's tried double clicking on the time and adding the
appointment, adjusting the end time, filling in the information, then
saving it. Also he's tried going to new - appointment, filling in
the data and click save and close.

At anytime if it is changed to a reoccurring appointment it will
change to the right time block, but once you change it back to a
non-reoccurring appointment it goes back to a half hour block.

So, let me echo this back to see if I have it correct.

The person has a recurring appointment on his calendar and the duration for
each instance of the appointment is some value greater than one-half hour.
The person opens the recurring appointment, removes the recurrence, and the
duration reverts to one-half hour?

Is this correct? I can't reproduce that. My default interval is one-half
hour. I just created a recurring appointment that lasts an hour and saved
it. I then removed the recurrence and the duration remained at one hour.
 
G

Guest

That is correct Brian, I had never heard of something like that happening,
nor could I reproduce it, and no one else in the organization is experiencing
this (or at least not telling me), which is why I turned here, hoping someone
had info on it.

He can't even grab the sizing handle on the appointment and drag it to
different times. Both the week and daily views are both experiencing the
same issue.

Also, for the single appointments, the rounded rectangle that has the info
in it... in the upper left corner it's not the same rounded corners that the
3 other corners are, it looks to have almost like a pan handle on it. (This
(the pan handle looking corner) I was able to duplicate on my calendar, by
dragging the start time to a time after the end but I'm still able to drag
the beginning and end times around and don't have any problems with
appointments on my calendar.)

I had him invite me to a test meeting that was supposed to be 3 hours long.
On his calendar it shows a 30 minute block, on mine, the 3 hours were blocked
off, when we went into the tracking of responses, where it shows attendees
busy/free times, the right amount of time is blocked off for both of us.


I appreciate your help.
Hilde
 
B

Brian Tillman

hilde said:
That is correct Brian, I had never heard of something like that
happening, nor could I reproduce it, and no one else in the
organization is experiencing this (or at least not telling me), which
is why I turned here, hoping someone had info on it.

He can't even grab the sizing handle on the appointment and drag it to
different times. Both the week and daily views are both
experiencing the same issue.

If this were happening to me I'd do two things: The first is using The Inbox
Repair Tool (SCANPST.EXE) with Outlook closed, if the account is a POP
account, and if that doesn't work, a new mail profile.
 
Ad

Advertisements

Joined
Nov 30, 2012
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Resurrecting an old thread, I have the exact same symptoms as OP, this is MSO 2007 SP2. Anybody solved this yet?
 
Ad

Advertisements

Joined
Apr 24, 2014
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Solved -
Go to View -> Current View -> Define Views...

Note under description halfway down the page is Fields: This should say Start, End. If it doesn't Click: Modify... -> Fields... ->

Select End on the left side, Click the [End ->] button to add it to the end field.

Ok -> Ok

Check the other Views and repeat where needed. Close then finished.

Enjoy your extended appointment views.
 

Ask a Question

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

You'll need to choose a username for the site, which only take a couple of moments. After that, you can post your question and our members will help you out.

Ask a Question

Top