Only adding certain numbers as filled in

Amanda

I hope I can explain this one...

In Column M (5 through 16)- I have 12 numbers which are being compared to
their counterparts in Column S (5 through 16). However these are monthly
figures so the months that are not completed yet are blank.

I need an equation to go into C21 that will compare the total entries as
they are filled in - for example until there are 3 entries in Column S, it
will only compare the Sums of the first two cells (5 & 6) in column S to
Column M to calculate the percent difference.

Is this possible?

Jim Cone

Data must be contiguous...
=IF(COUNT(S5:S16)>COUNT(M5:M16),"Check Data",SUM(OFFSET(M5,0,0,COUNT(S5:S16),1))/SUM(S5:S16))
--
Jim Cone
Portland, Oregon USA

"Amanda"