on-screen keyboard - disable/enable

When I first installed Vista, I set my ease of access to show the on-screen
keyboard. Then I noticed the logon screen changed to show a on-screen
keyboard seperate from the ease of access keyboard. I attempted to disable it
as it loaded when windows loaded. Now I cannot get rid of it. Iuse the tablet
input panel over the on screen keyboad from ease of access. How do i disable
the on-screen keyboard from loading? Having the tablet input panel and the
onscreen keyboard is redundant and unwanted.

Mark Carpenter [MSFT]

You can prevent the Ease of Access On-Screen Keyboard from automatically
starting when you load Windows by clearing the "Use On-Screen Keyboard"
checkbox on the "Use the computer without a mouse or keyboard" page in the
Ease of Access Center. (Open the Control Panel, click Ease of Access, click
Ease of Access Center, and then click Use the computer without a mouse or
keyboard.)

I have the same problem, this happened after I installed the drivers for
wacom graphic tablet

on boot screen I have an onscreen keyboard, and the icons for ease of
access, language and keyboard too

I already checked the Ease of access : use on screen keybord is unchecked,
and was never checked...
i went to "services" and disabled tabletservice and another item related to
tablet service too (I don't know how to translate it as my window is a french
version) , but with no result.
I also tried msconfig, i also checked other sessions....

where can i disable this ? I don't want to uninstall my wacom graphic
tablet....

Hey,

I have the same problem too! And I don't have a wacom tablet! I have
unclicked the onscreen keyboard option in the control panel yet it loads
everytime I start windows!

Anyone has sorted this out?

as I said in my post (english is not my native language so maybe this was not
clear), use on screen keyboard is already unchecked....

KristleBawl

Unfortunately, this seems to be a commom problem: 'tablet' or 'pen' hardware
devices will sometimes "work with Vista" but still be incompatible with
Vista's built-in Ease Of Access features.

Either the Narrator or On-Screen Keyboard is activated, depending on what
input device is intalled. Have you already contacted the device
manufacturer to see if they have new software o mke it more ompatibe with
Vista?

KB

"cycleur" wrote in message

hmm.. I can understand that certain input devices might conflict. However,
I've not installed any of such things. Nothing new has been installed
recently..

KristleBawl

My reply was for "cycleur" with the same problem, which started after
installing "wacom graphic tablet" drivers.

KB

"jfunkie" wrote in message

tomkats14

To All of You Having Problems Enabling / Disabling the OSK in Vista:

Click START --> Seetings --> Control Panel --> "Choose Classic View"
--> Click Ease of Access Center --> Click Use the Computer w/o Mouse
or Keyboard

There you go, just uncheck the box there about the OSK.. Hope I've
been able to help you guys.

(e-mail address removed)

Perhaps it would be most helpful to everyone nquiring about deselecting or
turning off or preventing the on-screen keyboard from autoloading at startup
of the pc, to say after you have put in the instructions to "uncheck the box"
and click apply, suggest the user to reboot the pc as the changes will not
take affect until after a reboot occurs. Instead, I learned it by accident.

too_tall said:
Who's help was invaluable???

I have read all messages in here regarding on-screen keyboard and still have
not found the instructions to remove it or stop it from autoloading at
startup. I think instead of giving answers without researching whether they
actually work or not and replying with the posts is non-productive and very,
very frustrating to the individual who is trying to stop the features from
auto-loading.

I use Windows Vista Home Basic Edition. I have two features that autoload
on startup that I would like to keep from occurring: 1) on-screen keyboard,
and, 2) magnifier.

I have followed all instructions given to either Press Windows Key+U >
Select On Screen Keyboard > Uncheck "Start automatically when
i log in" > OK submitted by Ayush" <"ayushmaan.j[aatt]gmail.com from another posting list of messages and "You can prevent the Ease of Access On-Screen Keyboard from automatically
starting when you load Windows by clearing the "Use On-Screen Keyboard"
checkbox on the "Use the computer without a mouse or keyboard" page in the
Ease of Access Center. (Open the Control Panel, click Ease of Access, click
Ease of Access Center, and then click Use the computer without a mouse or
keyboard.)" submitted by Mark Carpenter [MSFT]. Sadly both features are
still popping up at startup of the computer regardless of whose instructions
I followed.

For me, I have no fancy games or fancy programs loaded other than the
standard issue programs which come with the Microsoft Windows Vista Home
Basic Edition and Microsoft Suite. So, there should be no reason for this
continued irritant occurring.

Now, if someone would kindly research how to prevent these two features -
on-screen keyboard and magnifier from autoloading on startup with my ops
system instead of merely putting something they think will prevent it, I and
the many others like me who have taken the time to blog out there concerns
here would be might greatful. As it stands now though, the two
afore-mentioned advisings do not prevent these two features from autoloading
Mark Carpenter--"THANK YOU! I LOVE YOU!"

I have a new HP Computer and am new to Vista Premium. I returned from
a one week vacation and my wireless keyboard did not work. After 2
hours on the phone with HP (with their solution of replacing my
keyboard), I clicked my wireless mouse on the start icon and discovered
the on-screen keyboard. It was a mixed blessing: I used the on-screen
keyboard to contact the HP online chat tech and she quickly resolved
the problem with the wireless keyboard, but the on-screen keyboard
would not go away. I spent a few hours on line with another HP
tech---who wanted me to open the utility manager--but I was unable to
find (and still am unable to find the utility manager). His next
suggestion was to open the msconfig , go to startup and uncheck all
programs except RECGUARD and KBD. I never found the RECGUARD and was
both nervous and reluctant to follow his instructions---so I ended the
"chat." Tonight I have spent 3 hours on the Microsoft Help and Support
Page and only found how to enable the keyboard----and in desperation
went to google "disable vista on-screen keyboard" and the rest is
history. I thought the solution would be simple---and turns out I was
right. YOUR HELP WAS INVALUABLE!!! I shudder to think what would have
happened if I followed the HP online chat tech support. By the way, the
Microsoft support page does not recognize my Product ID----how do I
activate the Vista Premium in my new HP Computer? I used the product
ID from the control panel settings.

Thank You,
Ms TCB

--

[...]