Oldest on top?

Microsoft Outlook 2003, Mail Views:

I have customized every view I can think of (to include making a new one) to
get Outlook to show the messages with the 'Oldest on Top'. When I change from
window to window, it will work - but when I arrange by another category
(from, subject, etc.) and then switch back to Date, it ALWAYS reverts to
'Newest on Top'.

Is there a way to change the default view other than through "Arrange By,
Current View, Define View'? That option is not working.

Thanks for your help!

Roady [MVP]

Works as it should but you are using the wrong option.
View-> Arrange By-> Date isn't a view setting so Define Views doesn't affect
it.
View-> Arrange By-> Current View-> Messages is a view

--
Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]

-----
"Would Rather Be Gaming" <[email protected]>
wrote in message Microsoft Outlook 2003, Mail Views:

I have customized every view I can think of (to include making a new one) to
get Outlook to show the messages with the 'Oldest on Top'. When I change
from
window to window, it will work - but when I arrange by another category
(from, subject, etc.) and then switch back to Date, it ALWAYS reverts to
'Newest on Top'.

Is there a way to change the default view other than through "Arrange By,
Current View, Define View'? That option is not working.

Thanks for your help!

I think I understand. I was clicking on the "Arrange by" button and changing
from Date to From whenever I needed to find everything sent by a specific
individual. When I changed back, the machine went stupid and I would get
frustrated.

I have since added the current views to the Navigation Pane and simply
switch from a new view "Dates" and another new one "Names". Not the easiest
solution, but it works.

Course, now the question is - is there a way to hide all of those other
Views that I will never, ever use?

Thanks again!

Roady [MVP]

Delete them! ;-)
You can also enable the Advanced toolbar which holds a Views dropdown.

--

wrote in message I think I understand. I was clicking on the "Arrange by" button and changing
from Date to From whenever I needed to find everything sent by a specific
individual. When I changed back, the machine went stupid and I would get
frustrated.

I have since added the current views to the Navigation Pane and simply
switch from a new view "Dates" and another new one "Names". Not the easiest
solution, but it works.

Course, now the question is - is there a way to hide all of those other
Views that I will never, ever use?

Thanks again!

Hadn't looked at the Advanced Toolbar. Good idea, easier than leaving
everything out, taking up space.

And I can't seem to delete or rename the standard views. If I could do
either, that would work great ... heh, and I think I could finally stop
bugging you and the board.

http://www.howto-outlook.com/

-----
wrote in message
Microsoft Outlook 2003, Mail Views:

I have customized every view I can think of (to include making a new one)
get Outlook to show the messages with the 'Oldest on Top'. When I change
from
window to window, it will work - but when I arrange by another category
(from, subject, etc.) and then switch back to Date, it ALWAYS reverts to
'Newest on Top'.

Is there a way to change the default view other than through "Arrange By,
Current View, Define View'? That option is not working.

Thanks for your help!

Roady [MVP]

Nope, you can't delete the default ones indeed; only reset them.