Old computer componets

Reaction score
Hi i was just wonting some advice of what i should do with some of my old computer componts, r 2nd hand componets worth anything now to try and get some money for them? or is worth trying to recyle them for scrap metal?

am i been cheeky trying to make some money on 2nd hand computer stuff?

Also i think i remember seeing there was some sort of donating of old computer componts, on the forum, is it still here ?

What i have :

1 x Computer case ATX
1 x Asus A8n-Sli Deluxe motherboard
1 x AMD Athlon 64 3200+ socket 939
2 x Crucial 512mb 184 dimm unbuffered 64mx64 ddr pc3200
1 x PNY Geforce 6600 GT 128mb GDDR3 PCIE (Dont think it works anymore reason for upgrade)

thanks inadvance Leow

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
Hello Leow, the thread you are referring to, regarding the donation of computer parts, is here in Crunchers Corner. Muckshifter & Co will be able to advise you about suitability :)
:wave:

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
The case is likely not worth much at all unless it has a decent make of PSU in it or is a 'custom' case in good condition made by a manufacturer such as Antec; Thermaltake; Lian Li etc.

The motherboard, CPU & Memory are worth a few bob. I'd say they were worth £30.00 for the three.

Or you can donate them to crunching here if components are still needed.

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
I'm actually not looking to revamp any interest in hardware donations for crunchin for the team ... money towards my new DSLR would be appreciated. ;)

While your old computer components may not fetch much on the second-hand market, they are at lest still pretty good in my book. Very capable in running Vista. :nod:

If anybody here on the forum has the relevant components to make up a system, and, is willing to house the completed PC as a donated cruncher, then I'll willingly act as mediator. Rules, however, WILL apply.

You have the three main ingredients, the rest is easy. :thumb:

:user:

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
I'll buy the momory of you if its cheap enough .

happywave.gif

Reaction score
im looking for some more parts to play with in a new computer for some training but am hoping to find some free bits would love the mobo graphics card and cpu maybe even if its cheap if not going free let me know

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Abarbarian said:
There is such a thing as a free lunch ,

http://www.freecycle.org/

happywave.gif

I just rejoined that thing.

I had joined some time ago but got hundreds of thousands of e-mails in my Yahoo account so I just never went there again.

This time I have a new Yahoo e-mail address - not a million miles away from my forum name ;) - and have selected only to receive e-mails from moderators.

I looked back to the 27th April and there was nothing I could either give or receive, unfortunately. Almost went for an IKEA rug but it was blue and I want a green one.

There was also a brand new Jessops camera tripod that went within an hour of being offered - good stuff :thumb:

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
I just got meself a 40 Gb hard drive for a laptop . Was hoping it would fix the lappy but it looks like the mobo is a gonner . Still I have a spare 40 Gb HDD to put linux os 's on . All I need is a cheapy enclosure which I will get next time I order something of the webb .

Freecycle is just fab .

:D

I may have posted aboput it before , hope I don't get banned for spamming .

laughingsmiley.gif

Ask a Question