Office '97 and XP date problems

Justin

I am trying to configure my worksheet to where I can
simply type 6 digits, such as today's date of 101403, and
the worksheet will convert it to 10/14/03. When I don't
type the forward slashes between the numbers it displays
08/17/77. Is there any way to fix this so that I can
punch in 6 digits and it will convert it to the correct
format ?

Ivan Sheng

Community response. No action needed.
-Ivan

--------------------
| Date: Tue, 14 Oct 2003 19:13:35 -0500
| From: Dave Peterson <[email protected]>
| Subject: Re: Office '97 and XP date problems
| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.excel.setup
|
| You'll need some code. But Chip Pearson has it ready for you:
|
| http://www.cpearson.com/excel/DateTimeEntry.htm
|
| Justin wrote:
| >
| > I am trying to configure my worksheet to where I can
| > simply type 6 digits, such as today's date of 101403, and
| > the worksheet will convert it to 10/14/03. When I don't
| > type the forward slashes between the numbers it displays
| > 08/17/77. Is there any way to fix this so that I can
| > punch in 6 digits and it will convert it to the correct
| > format ?
|
| --
|
| Dave Peterson
| (e-mail address removed)

Marie McFadden [MSFT]

Hi Dave!

This is an internal note that indicates that someone from the community
addressed this question. Unfortunately, it was not marked internal. Stuff
happens. :blush:)

Best Regards,

Marie McFadden, MCSE NT4/2000, MCSA
Microsoft Online Support Engineer