Office 2003 and mac office

I have a workbook with some macros and such that i made on my XP computer. I
sent it to a friend of mine to use, but he has a mac. The macro i made to
sort runs into a problem when he runs it, however when he sent me the
workbook and i ran the macor it worked fine. It had a 1004 runtime error.
Is this a common problem due to it being made on a pc and ran on a mac? what
changes need to be made to make it work on a mac?

Selection.Sort Key1:=Range("IA3"), Order1:=xlAscending, Header:=xlGuess, _
OrderCustom:=1, MatchCase:=False, Orientation:=xlTopToBottom, _
DataOption1:=xlSortNormal

is what was highlighted.

thanks,
Rob

Jim Cone

Rob,

I wonder if the problem is not Windows vs. Mac but Excel version vs. Excel version.
The "DataOption" is not available in earlier versions of Excel.
Try removing that portion of your code and giving it a try...

Selection.Sort Key1:=Range("IA3"), Order1:=xlAscending, Header:=xlGuess, _
OrderCustom:=1, MatchCase:=False, Orientation:=xlTopToBottom

Jim Cone
San Francisco, USA

"Rob" <[email protected]>
wrote in message
I have a workbook with some macros and such that i made on my XP computer. I
sent it to a friend of mine to use, but he has a mac. The macro i made to
sort runs into a problem when he runs it, however when he sent me the
workbook and i ran the macor it worked fine. It had a 1004 runtime error.
Is this a common problem due to it being made on a pc and ran on a mac? what
changes need to be made to make it work on a mac?

Selection.Sort Key1:=Range("IA3"), Order1:=xlAscending, Header:=xlGuess, _
OrderCustom:=1, MatchCase:=False, Orientation:=xlTopToBottom, _
DataOption1:=xlSortNormal

is what was highlighted.

thanks,
Rob

thanks for the attempt Jim, much appreciated but, unfortunenlty, that did not
solve the problem only cause a "Syntax error" on the mac.

Thanks,
Rob

JE McGimpsey

Jim's code compiles fine (i.e., no syntax error) on my Mac in XL98,
2001, v.X and 2004. What version of MacXL is your friend using?

Jim's right that the DataOption argument is not supported in VBA5, which
is what all MacXL versions use.