ocsp with http authentication

Ondrej Sevecek

hello,

in Windows Server 2008 there is a recommandation about configuring OCSP with
either Windows Authentication for intranets or Basic Auth for internet
validations.

Is that for real? If I had OCSP path containing FQDN URL, this wouldn't be
local intranet site not even for local intranet clients and the access would
require providing login/password to a prompt.

With Basic, is the OCSP client on Vista willing to ask for the credentials
when logging on with smart card for example?

o.

Robinson Zhang [MSFT]

Hi

Please understand that the issue mostly is related to Windows Server
Security Setting, not Windows Vista. It is recommended to post the issue on
Windows Server Security
Newsgroup(microsoft.public.windows.server.security). There is more
qualified pool of respondents who can give you suggestions. Meanwhile,
other community members who visit the newsgroups regularly can either share
their knowledge or learn from your interaction with us. Thank you for your
understanding.

Hope it helps.

Best Regards,

Robinson Zhang