Objects names translation

When I try to add users from a trusted domain to any local domain group. I t
does not resolve users names. As soon I added the user and I apply ok I
receive a flag (**)then when I check again the group I see the users as
CN= S-1-5-21--212537822222); etc.

(**) "Some of the objects names cannot be shown in their user-friendly form.
This can happen if the object is from an external domain and that domain is
not available to translate the object's name"

Thanks comments

Ace Fekay [MVP]

In
Misaro said:
When I try to add users from a trusted domain to any local domain
group. I t does not resolve users names. As soon I added the user and
I apply ok I receive a flag (**)then when I check again the group I
see the users as CN= S-1-5-21--212537822222); etc.

(**) "Some of the objects names cannot be shown in their
user-friendly form. This can happen if the object is from an external
domain and that domain is not available to translate the object's
name"

Thanks comments

Sounds like a trust communication issue. This can be due to numerous issues.
Since you haven't provided any specifics, I can just generalize and say to
insure that name resolution is supported based on the type of trust in
place, and make sure WAN links are up and running 24/7 if the trusts are
going thru such. EG. IF forest trusts, make sure DNS is resolvable on both
ends, if NTLM based, make sure NetBIOS is supported between the two to the
point of possibly using WINS or LMHOSTS files.

If you want specifics, you'll need to provide specifics about your scenario.

--
Ace

confers no rights.

Having difficulty reading or finding responses to your post?
Instead of the website you're using, I suggest to use OEx (Outlook Express
or any other newsreader), and configure a news account, pointing to
news.microsoft.com. This is a direct link to the Microsoft Public
Newsgroups. It is FREE and requires NO ISP's Usenet account. OEx allows you
to easily find, track threads, cross-post, sort by date, poster's name,
watched threads or subject.

It's easy:
How to Configure OEx for Internet News
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=171164

Microsoft MVP - Directory Services
Microsoft Certified Trainer

Infinite Diversities in Infinite Combinations
Assimilation Imminent. Resistance is Futile
"Very funny Scotty. Now, beam down my clothes."

The only thing in life is change. Anything more is a blackhole consuming
unnecessary energy. - [Me]