ntFRS event 13562 (null) Member Reference - Help Please!!!

I am trying to add a second domain controller to my one (1) server domain, but my PDC server is giving me the following warnings:

It appears that there is a (NULL) value in the frsMemberRefernce line. I have tried to make an entry using the ADSIedit tool, using KB article 312862 as my guideline, but the server tells me "that the object can not be modified because it is owned by the system."

I believe the warning above is preventing my new domain controller from completing the "dcpromo" process, as it is giving me these warnings on the new server:

Event Type: Warning
Event Source: NtFrs
Event Category: None
Event ID: 13566

File Replication Service is scanning the data in the system volume. Computer NEW-SERVER cannot become a domain controller until this process is complete. The system volume will then be shared as SYSVOL.

To check for the SYSVOL share, at the command prompt, type:
net share

When File Replication Service completes the scanning process, the SYSVOL share will appear.

The initialization of the system volume can take some time. The time is dependent on the amount of data in the system volume.

The initialization process has been running for over a week. I have rebooted both machines to accelerate the process, but no matter what I do, it won't complete the process and share the SYSVOL directory.

I would appreciate any and all help I can get, becuse I haven't been able to fix the problem.

Thank you in advance,

Greg

Ace Fekay [MVP]

In
Greg said:
I am trying to add a second domain controller to my one (1) server
domain, but my PDC server is giving me the following warnings:

Event Type: Warning
Event Source: NtFrs
Event Category: None
Event ID: 13562

Following is the summary of warnings and errors encountered by File
Replication Service while polling the Domain Controller
server.my-domain.com for FRS replica set configuration information.

The nTFRSSubscriber object cn=domain system volume (sysvol
share),cn=ntfrs subscriptions,cn=server,ou=domain
controllers,dc=my-domain,dc=com has a invalid value for the attribute
frsMemberReference. ==========================================

[...]

See if this helps you out:

http://www.eventid.net/display.asp?eventid=13562

Ace

Please direct all replies to the newsgroup so all can benefit.

Greg

Ace,

I have looked that event id dialog, but I am not sure
where to set the frsMemberReference object mentioned.
This is the object that is giving me a warning, and
preventing my new second DC from sharing the SYSVOL and
NETLOGON folders.

But digging around with ASDIedit, I noticed within this
container:

Domain NC[server.my-domain.com]
*DC=my-domain,DC=com
**CN=System
***CN=File Replication Service <---(this one)

There are no containers with in this folder, is this where
I need to place my missing "frsMemberReference"?

If so, what does the line entry look like?

Thanks,

Greg

Ace Fekay [MVP]