ntext from SQL Server 2000

Gary Varga

How do I return an ntext value from a stored procedure?

I have a table which has an ntext column (among others).
I am writing a stored procedure to return a single row's
ntext value. I pass in the equivalent of the row ID for
the where clause but I cannot return the ntext.

Should it be an output parameter?

Must it be part of a rowset returned?

Many thanks for reading this,
Gaz

bruce barker

until yukon, ntext can only be returned in a result set (datarow)

-- bruce (sqlwork.com)

Kevin Yu [MSFT]

Hi Gary,

The ntext data type is mapped to a string or a char array when filled in to
a dataset. You can use a DataAdapter to retrieve it and get it from the
result set.

Please refer to the following link for more information on Mapping .NET
Framework Data Provider Data Types to .NET Framework Data Types:

l/cpconmappingnetdataproviderdatatypestonetframeworkdatatypes.asp

If anything is unclear, please feel free to reply to the post.

Kevin Yu
=======
rights."