NOTE PAD WINDOW AT STARTUP

wayne bansemer

After My windows loads up and goes to the desktop I get this window:
desktop.ini-Note pad
[.shellclassInfo]
LocalizedResourceName@%SystemRoot%\system32\shell.dll,-21787

How do I get this from loading up and get rid of on desktop at startup?
Thank-you

Also what dies this mean???

Rock

wayne bansemer said:
After My windows loads up and goes to the desktop I get this window:
desktop.ini-Note pad
[.shellclassInfo]
LocalizedResourceName@%SystemRoot%\system32\shell.dll,-21787

How do I get this from loading up and get rid of on desktop at startup?
Thank-you

Also what dies this mean???

Notepad Starts With "[.ShellClassInfo]
LocalizedResourceName=@%SystemRoot%\System32\Shell32.dll,-21787" When You
Start Your Computer
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/330132/en-us

Wesley Vogel

MULTIPOSTED in microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support

Desktop.ini file opens in Notepad on Desktop

Notepad Starts With "[.ShellClassInfo]
LocalizedResourceName=@%SystemRoot%\System32\Shell32.dll,-21787" When You
Start Your Computer

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/330132

File system folders are commonly displayed with a standard icon and set of
properties, which specify, for instance, whether or not the folder is
shared. The Desktop.ini file is a text file that specifies how a file
system folder will be viewed and handled. The most common use of the
Desktop.ini file is to assign a custom icon to a folder.

<quote>
If a message MUST be posted to multiple groups, post a single message and
select all the groups (or type their names manually, separated by commas) in
which you want it to be seen. This is called Crossposting and when used
properly it is *GOOD*.

This question was posted individually to multiple groups.

This is called Multiposting and it's *BAD*.

Replies made in one group will not be visible in the other groups, which
may cause multiple people to respond to a question with the same answer
because they didn't know someone else had already done it.

This is a waste of time.
<quote>

With Outlook Express, which you're using...

To send your message to multiple newsgroups on the same news server, in the
New Message dialog box, click the icon next to Newsgroups. In the Pick
Newsgroups dialog box, click one or more newsgroups from the list (hold down
the CTRL key to select multiple newsgroups), and then click Add. You can
choose from all newsgroups or only those you subscribe to by clicking Show
only subscribed newsgroups.

You can send a given message to more than one newsgroup at a time only if
all the newsgroups are on the same news server. To post a message to
newsgroups on other news servers, create a separate message for each news
server.

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

In

Doug Knox - [MS-MVP]

Odd, I answered this one at 6:19 PM Eastern, and my reply still hasn't shown
up.

--
Doug Knox, MS-MVP Windows Media Center\Windows Powered Smart
Display\Security

wayne bansemer said:
After My windows loads up and goes to the desktop I get this window:
desktop.ini-Note pad
[.shellclassInfo]
LocalizedResourceName@%SystemRoot%\system32\shell.dll,-21787

How do I get this from loading up and get rid of on desktop at startup?
Thank-you

Also what dies this mean???

Wesley Vogel

Doug, it's certainly *NOT* due to excess traffic on msnews.microsoft.com.
;-(

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

wayne bansemer said:
After My windows loads up and goes to the desktop I get this window:
desktop.ini-Note pad
[.shellclassInfo]
LocalizedResourceName@%SystemRoot%\system32\shell.dll,-21787

How do I get this from loading up and get rid of on desktop at startup?
Thank-you

Also what dies this mean???

Doug Knox - [MS-MVP]

Well, that one showed up........ who knows? Had a couple of others go
missing, as well. Maybe the servers are out of sync again?

--

Wesley Vogel said:
[...]

In wayne bansemer <[email protected]> hunted and pecked:
After My windows loads up and goes to the desktop I get this window:
desktop.ini-Note pad
[.shellclassInfo]
LocalizedResourceName@%SystemRoot%\system32\shell.dll,-21787

How do I get this from loading up and get rid of on desktop at startup?
Thank-you

Also what dies this mean???

Wesley Vogel

I see it now. And I don't think that THIS one that I am replying to was
here yesterday.

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

Doug Knox - said:
[...]

Thanks, Wes. It could be the servers or it could be Windows Mail..........
:)

--

Wesley Vogel said:
Doug, it's certainly *NOT* due to excess traffic on
msnews.microsoft.com.
;-(

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

In Doug Knox - [MS-MVP] <[email protected]> hunted and pecked:
[...]

Doug, it certainly wouldn't be Outlook Express. LOL

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User