Note Item UserProperties in Outlook 2000

Leon

I am debugging a VB add-in for Outlook 2000.

The add-in successfully creates UserProperties for Contact, Appoinment and
Mail items, but when I try
to do the same for a note Item, I get 'Object doesn't support this property
or method' error.

Is this a known issue in Outlook 2000? Are there work arounds?

Thank You very much,

Leon

Sue Mosher [MVP-Outlook]

When in doubt, check the object browser: Press ALt+F11 to open the VBA
environment in Outlook, then press F2. Switch from <All Libraries> to
Outlook to browse all Outlook objects and their properties, methods, and
events. You'll quickly see that the NoteItem object does not support
UserProperties.

Leon

Thank You Sue!
--
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP
Author of

Richard White

Sue, I have a question. When I sync my PalmPilot, it puts a field for
the Palm Note category in that I can view in Outlook. If this field is
not a User Property, what could it be?

Dick

Sue Mosher [MVP-Outlook]

If you have a field named "Palm Note," it's definitely a custom property,
but not necessarily set or accessible via the non-existent
NoteItem.UserProperties collection. But are you seeing that on Outlook
sticky notes or on other items? I'd be curious about the value of the
Message Class property.

--
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP
Author of

"Sue Mosher [MVP-Outlook]" <[email protected]> wrote in message
When in doubt, check the object browser: Press ALt+F11 to open the VBA
environment in Outlook, then press F2. Switch from <All Libraries> to
Outlook to browse all Outlook objects and their properties, methods, and
events. You'll quickly see that the NoteItem object does not support
UserProperties.
--
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP
Author of

Richard White

Sue,

In the Outlook Notes display, for a tabular list view, there is a
column titled "PalmPilot Category". The Message Class property of the
Note item is IPM.StickyNote. When I select Define Views, this field
does not show in any of the field options. Hope you can make
heads-or-tails of it. Thanks.

Dick

Richard White said:
[...]

To answer your other question, this field "PalmPilot Category" is
visible in Contacts and Tasks, as well, and is displayed as a user
defined property. It appears after doing a HotSync with my PalmPilot.

Dick

Richard White said:
[...]

No doubt the custom property was added with CDO, Redemption, or Extended
MAPI, which can do things with Outlook items that the Outlook object model
can't. You would have to use one of those APIs to access the property as
well. See http://www.cdolive.com/cdo10.htm for a basic primer on MAPI
properties.

--
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP