Not seeing expected results of append query


G

Guest

I have created an append query to append new records to a table (so I can
convert the text fields to the proper field types in a table). I have one
calculated field ([Total_Sheets]/[Rate]) that appears correctly in the
datasheet view of the query but when I append it to the table it does not
retain the formatting I have in the query. It is just a simple number field,
long integer in the table.
 
Ad

Advertisements

G

Guest

Tables do not contain formats -- only displays have formats.

You can go into the table design and change the format on the field. But
again that is only for display. When pulled in a query for display or form
or report it will need to be formated when shown.
 
G

Guest

Thanks, I had already changed the format in the table from text to number and
did not see the results I was looking for. However, I didn't change it to
Double so it was rounding the numbers.

Thanks for your help anyway.


KARL DEWEY said:
Tables do not contain formats -- only displays have formats.

You can go into the table design and change the format on the field. But
again that is only for display. When pulled in a query for display or form
or report it will need to be formated when shown.
--
KARL DEWEY
Build a little - Test a little


jeremiah said:
I have created an append query to append new records to a table (so I can
convert the text fields to the proper field types in a table). I have one
calculated field ([Total_Sheets]/[Rate]) that appears correctly in the
datasheet view of the query but when I append it to the table it does not
retain the formatting I have in the query. It is just a simple number field,
long integer in the table.
 
Ad

Advertisements

G

Guest

Try changing the DataType.
--
KARL DEWEY
Build a little - Test a little


jeremiah said:
Thanks, I had already changed the format in the table from text to number and
did not see the results I was looking for. However, I didn't change it to
Double so it was rounding the numbers.

Thanks for your help anyway.


KARL DEWEY said:
Tables do not contain formats -- only displays have formats.

You can go into the table design and change the format on the field. But
again that is only for display. When pulled in a query for display or form
or report it will need to be formated when shown.
--
KARL DEWEY
Build a little - Test a little


jeremiah said:
I have created an append query to append new records to a table (so I can
convert the text fields to the proper field types in a table). I have one
calculated field ([Total_Sheets]/[Rate]) that appears correctly in the
datasheet view of the query but when I append it to the table it does not
retain the formatting I have in the query. It is just a simple number field,
long integer in the table.
 

Ask a Question

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

You'll need to choose a username for the site, which only take a couple of moments. After that, you can post your question and our members will help you out.

Ask a Question

Top