G

Norton Windoctor found the following missing or invalid keys in the Active X
registry and is unable to correct the problem:

ComPlusMetaData.MsCorHost
ComPlusMetaData.MsCorHost.2
HNetCfg.FwAuthorized Application
HNetCfg.FwMgr
HNetCfg.FwOpenPort

Any suggestions on how to correct this problem?

G

stratcat43 said:
Norton Windoctor found the following missing or invalid keys in the Active X
registry and is unable to correct the problem:

ComPlusMetaData.MsCorHost
ComPlusMetaData.MsCorHost.2
HNetCfg.FwAuthorized Application
HNetCfg.FwMgr
HNetCfg.FwOpenPort

Any suggestions on how to correct this problem?

Let Norton do it's thing.

Reaction score
Norton found Active X Missing or Invalid Keys in registry that it cannot delete

I have been having same problem with MSCorHost invalid entries in my windows XP SP2 registry, that WinDoctor nor any other regedit utility or registry cleanup program can fix (all fail). I used to work for Dell, know quite a bit about manual reghacks too, but it can't be manually deleted either even from SAFE mode, windows for some reason is protecting these invalid entries hardcore. MSCorHost appears (from various google and microsoft searches) to have to do with Windows COM+ - but this is all I can find out, and even installing a new COM+ hotfix from Microsoft from windows update does nothing to fix the bad entries (which are found not just by Windoctor but every reg utility I have tried) (which lists them as INVALID entries). Has ANYONE figured out how to get these removed??

More info: on mine it also refers to invalid entry that appears to be related for SymWriter.pdb which also cannot be removed. More info on MSCorHost invalid entries: MsCorHost.2 refers to invalid object "{727CDF4F-3BA0-11D3-8738-00C04F79ED0D}". (and ones for MsCorHost (without the 2) as well).

There is NO Virus nor spyware on my machine at moment, confirmed with AdAware (with settings expertly tweaked per suggestions of this forum), Spybot SnD, McAfee antivirus regsitered and Micro-Trend online AntiVirus AND Spyware Scan. Also have had no VIRUS in well over five years, due occasionally get spyware but do regular scans to remove. This problem appeared immediately after installing (from Windows Update) the .Net Framework update to SP2. Have now uninstalled it, but STILL these invaid entries remain.

Ask a Question