Norton AV and outlook express

Covenant

Proud Cruncher
Reaction score
Just a quick heads up for any Norton AV users out there. A recently released Norton update managed to stop many users from accessing Outlook Express. The solution is to go to the Norton site and download their tool to fix it.

Covenant

Reaction score
Covenant said:
Just a quick heads up for any Norton AV users out there. A recently released Norton update managed to stop many users from accessing Outlook Express. The solution is to go to the Norton site and download their tool to fix it.

Covenant
Of course the other way is not to install Norton in the first place! To intrusive:nod:

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
Covenant said:

Covenant
Norton also have a "tool" that will clean it up after you un-install it ... Symantec are getting worse. :rolleyes:

Thanks for the heads-up ... Norton users need ALL the help they can get. ;)

:D

gabriella

Sunflower Queen
Reaction score
I might be in the minority but I have never had any problem with Norton. There was a slight issue with my network but that was resolved quite quickly. I have used it consistently for years both at work and at home. I think it might be a devil to remove fully but I haven't actually tried it.

Gabriella x

Reaction score
Norton Antivirus/Firewall/Antispyware is junk. It's such a resource hog, I'm currently running F-prot, uses about 5mb of memory and thats if the update scheduler is running. I've recently tried AVG, Antivir, and F-Prot; F-Prot seems to use the least amount of resources at a mear 5-6mb, and it has detected everything the other two programs did. AVG and AntiVir both use about 20Mb's of memory, McAfee and Norton both run around 30-50 if I'm not mistaken. I calculated 46mb's on a friends computer the other day when I added up all the McAfee programs running in TaskManager.

...V

Ask a Question