Non descript error filling dataset?

Rico

Hello,

This week seems like one thing after another! I am running some simple code
to fill a dataset and keep getting the error "An unhandled exception of type
'System.Data.OleDb.OleDbException' occurred in system.data.dll" with no
additional information about the error. The code is as follows;

daSerialDetails = mdi.dt.GenericDA("SELECT * FROM
VendorOrderDetailSerialNumbers WHERE OrderItemID=" & OrderID & " AND
SerialNumber is null")
daSerialDetails.Fill(dsInventoryTypeOrders.Tables("SerialDetails"))

the GenericDA code is as it states "Generic" and is used throughout the
program, I've never had trouble with it. The dsInventoryTypeOrders dataset
schema is filled from the same VendorOrderDetailSerialNumbers table earlier
in the form code (scope is at the form level for both DS and DA), but this
is the first place it gets filled.

Any ideas?

Rick

Marina Levit [MVP]

The debugger sometimes gives that message while you are debugging.

Put a try/catch around that code, and have it display the message.

This may be a problem with the SQL query (like a typo) or a connection
problem. Can't say until we see the real error message.

"Rico" <r c o l l e n s @ h e m m i n g w a y . c o mREMOVE THIS PART IN