No need for CD's

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
http://www.saverstore.com/productinfo/Product.aspx?product_id=20017239&rstrat=21951

Games

• Virtual CD-ROM appears to the game as the original CD.
  • Eliminates hassles of swapping physical CDs for multiple CD games.
  • Faster game play - with the super fast 200x like CD Anywhere.
Thought it might be of interest. It is free but you have to pay postage.Still a good deal in my opinion. I have yet to try it out knowing me it could be a while.

:D

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
TriplexDread said:
Tehy do come in handy these programs. I use Magic Disk now and then

So will Magic Disk let you copy the game to your hdd on one of the emulated drives and then let you play the game without asking for the original disk ?? I tried several other programs but I kept getting asked for the original disc. Only wat round it was to use Alcohol which is a bit of a fafh.

:)

Reaction score
Erm...cant remember mate tbh

Not used it for a long while. I doubt it lets you copy it. Thats very naughty!!

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
Only they did not think about the fair use laws which are common in most countries, which make it possible to create a backup for personal use!

As CD's are not 100% indestructible many people want to make a backup of their games. Using the backup to play the game thus saving the original. Especially when it involves children it is VERY handy to have them use a backup. Because of these CD Protections it is getting harder and harder just to make a working backup.

Keep in mind that in most countries you are legally allowed to make a backup of a CD which you legally own. Some gaming companies won't allow you to make a backup and use the argument that a broken (original) CD will be replaced, but in most cases the costs for replacing it is usually more then buying the game again!

Are we allowed to make back up copies in this country ?????

Ask a Question